Changing bedding

Options
2»

Replies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Moved this topic to chit-chat - please carry on, but nicely.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    SPOOK! I just changed 3 beds on the bounce and have had to come downstairs (out of breath) for a rest.

Each bed is a 500 calorie burn. Fact.

Seriously, you can not put changing a duvet as 500 cals burn as fact.

Please post the fact link?

Uh - pretty sure that was sarcasm.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mgdys3hvG21qltqg1_zpsb9acfaa3.gif
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    SPOOK! I just changed 3 beds on the bounce and have had to come downstairs (out of breath) for a rest.

Each bed is a 500 calorie burn. Fact.

Seriously, you can not put changing a duvet as 500 cals burn as fact.

Please post the fact link?

Uh - pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Ahh ok..my sarcasm meter got lost in the pillow case change that I am still trying to burn off
  • devilday1805
    devilday1805 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Confused this is in Chit Chat??
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Confused this is in Chit Chat??

A mod moved it from Fitness to Chit Chat since the topic was more suited to it.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hahah amen to that!
  • devilday1805
    devilday1805 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    AHH now i am not confused and know that people take this stuff way to seriously. Thanks for the education.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    OP... move to Bahrain, then it's too hot for duvets..... in the summer you just sleep with no covers at all and with the air conditioning on full power, and in the winter a fleece blanket is warm enough. no duvet changes at all! :drinker:
  • dgravley
    dgravley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I never post on mfp. It's like your lives are so miserable that you sit around and wait to pounce on someone! Good grief!!!
  • KMACafe
    Options
    I agree. I just joined a few weeks ago; I lurk on the boards but don't post. I've seen too many attacks. Must be a lot of unhappy people here.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    So...one could possibly log it as intensive aerobics for five minutes.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    How are you people changing duvet covers, that makes it so hard?? Lazy way: match/tuck corners on one end. Completely ignore middle bunchiness. Match/tuck opposite corners, shake, the end.

(For flat sheet --forward planning: get one of those frames you can slide around the floor w/o scratching it. Now you can just pull the frame away from the wall whenever without having to do advanced yoga to fit the sheet.)
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    They should group it with *kitten* cause I sweat a lot too and nobody want's sticky sheets so I usually end up doing both those exercises together
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Obviously climbing inside the quilt cover & diving across the bed with it..... Quilt surfing
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    They should group it with *kitten* cause I sweat a lot too and nobody want's sticky sheets so I usually end up doing both those exercises together

Hahahahahahah. Omg.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I know it's not technically 'exercise' but changing my kingsize duvet makes me sweat like a crazy person and it certainly knackers me out! There should totally be a place for it in the calorie burn database haha.

don't pay attention to the meanies on here: if you sweat your body is burning calories beyond breathing and basic organ function so yes, log it. When I clean, I totally clean: I dust, vacuum, move furniture, flip the matress, scrub, etc.. sorry guys but that is my form of exercise. just put it as light housecleaning for blank minutes.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh, humans.