Feel like a idiot random idiots

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
Hello I was working yesterday. I was walking and these 2 guys came and asked if they could take a picture. I work with a fast food so I carry s bag to carry the food. I was asked if I could the bag on the dog to make it look a hat. I could not do so health reasons. Then I got asked to get a picture of me I refused 1 sec later the guy has jus arm around me and the guy is taking a picture he keeps saying please. I have not been in this situation before I should have been stronger I feel like a complete tool. What should I do now.

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Who would expect that kind of behaviour from random strangers? You're not a tool for behaving like a normal person - you stood up for yourself in a way a civilized human being would respect. You did not anticipate they would persist. (Are you new to the country you're living in? Because of your written language, and the nature of the event you described, I hope I'm not wrong in guessing yes..)

There's no reason for you to feel embarrassed about *your* actions -- they're the idiots, for sure.

To me, it sounds like they might have been entitled-feeling young fools (maybe drunk?) who like to make a show of asserting power over people they believe have less power than they do.

They made some quick, stupid judgement based on some momentary information they had about you in a specific situation -- your job, your clothes, or some other random characteristic, that has nothing to do with who you are to people who know you. They don't know you, they can't. So they are not responding to you, just some idea, in a moment of stupidity.

First, I would make a firm separation in your mind, between their idea - which is theirs alone - and your judgement of who you are, in actuality - when you are with people you care about, doing things you love.

Second: there's nothing you can do about that moment or those boys. I would guess that's a specific type of young idiot - probably 'frat boys', if you know the phrase. Be on your guard around those types in future.

It stings now, of course. I'm sorry this happened. I'd be angry too. When I have been angry about being wronged, or someone taking something away from me, I have (sometimes, not always) been able to use that anger to push me further towards my goals.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Thank you for such a nice answer I'm not new to the country I have mild dyslexia so I'm slower lol. I had to post to let people know I get nervous very easy lol
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such a nice answer I'm not new to the country I have mild dyslexia so I'm slower lol. I had to post to let people know I get nervous very easy lol

Sorry!!!!

They're still d*cks. Hope you're feeling better today :)
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

Sorry!!!!

They're still d*cks. Hope you're feeling better today :)

I had a discussion with my brother and my mum and told them they explained to me don't worry it's not your fault so Im reassured thank you for your kind words
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better.
    People can be mean at times and em are the ones who needs to be ignored and dismissed.
    Don't let em affect ya.
    You are dealing with it well so kudos to you.
    :flowerforyou:

Thank you I have SLI ( specific language impairment ) and mild dyslexia. I'm a delivery driver I have to put up with idiots the only reason I do this job is the money sometimes I feel it's not worth it