Canadian Thanksgiving

Options
To my fellow Canadian MFP'ers I think that will I just log out for the rest of the weekend and get back to the program on Tuesday.
Turkey, Yams, Mashed potatoes and Gravy , maybe even some stuffing, Yum Yum.

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Enjoy! :drinker:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    To my fellow Canadian MFP'ers I think that will I just log out for the rest of the weekend and get back to the program on Tuesday.
    Turkey, Yams, Mashed potatoes and Gravy , maybe even some stuffing, Yum Yum.

Not a good idea. You don't have to sit in the corner and eat lettuce but be conscious of your food choices. You can enjoy the food and fellowship without stuffing yourself. Be accountable to yourself.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm looking forward to all the yummy foods as well!!! I'll still log everything, but I definitely plan to eat everything and anything this weekend :happy:
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I will still be logging, but I am hoping to have time for my normal work out plus a very brisk walk to buy me some extra calories. I won't care too much if I go over though.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Having the big dinner tonight, I am not going to log and even enjoy some pumpkin pie:) if I took the entire weekend off, I would do some serious damage. Enjoy your weekend!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Woo! Im heading to my parents for some lasanga for thanksgiving. Im Still going to log everything (will have to estimate as its food not made by me and therefore I dont know whats in it exactly) and try to stay around my calorie goals, but enjoy the holidays! =)

Have fun! Eat an extra piece of pie for me!!:drinker:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I've started the prep work for tomorrows meal. The cornbread and buttermilk biscuits are baked and ready to go into the dressing. Tomorrow will be turkey roasting, dressing baking, and side throwing together. Tonight I need to mix up the yeast dough for rolls then it's just pulling it all together.

I still plan to log though. It's just too easy for me to convince myself that 2 cups of mashed potatoes is closer to 1/2cup if I don't keep the accountability.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating it.
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving. :drinker:
    I'm gunna cook up half a turkey, carrots, turnip (or rutabega? Is that what mainlanders call it?) and cauliflower because potatoes aren't worth it.

Kinda wish I could go home for a big feed, but at least I have control over portions. :smile:
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    I dont plan on logging today or tomorrow. I figure ill just get back to my routine on tuesday. I feel like if i logged all of what i ate today id cry. Not to mention these aren't foods i normally eat so i probably wouldn't calculate the calories/serving sizes right anyways.

Happy thanksgiving to all!
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah......... Goes without saying, my calories have been in the red this weekend.

16e85ad1-80f2-4dd3-b27e-6a32cd74a7de_zpsaf129cf0.jpg

2c398574-1a75-4917-8bfb-830a26d54e46_zpsf25e53b4.jpg
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bring it!!!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving. Smile K xxooo
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Yeah......... Goes without saying, my calories have been in the red this weekend.

Did you make that? It looks so cool!

I actually didn't do too bad yesterday. Although I had to estimate because I didn't weigh things in front of everybody. But I tried to over estimate.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone! I started prepping yesterday and woke up early to get an extra workout in so I can enjoy more food, but I'm still logging and not falling off the wagon. :)
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options

*drool* glad I don't know how to make that...it could be very bad if I ever learned :wink: Happy Thanksgiving!!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm still logging but I don't really care if I'm over. My boyfriend is traveling on business and it's just me for dinner. I've been over all weekend but still on track to lose my .5 for the week.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I don't think Thanksgiving is that bad, eat a lot of turkey and veggies with a little bit of mashed potatoes and stuffing, then a small piece of pie. I just had leftover turkey for lunch. Love it!

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy it for those of us overseas (expatriates) and unable to eat a proper Thanksgiving dinner because they dont have most of the ingredients in my piddly corner of Europe. Dreaming of stuffing and pumpkin pie.