Small NSV

Options
I have learned to only weigh myself once a month. This has helped me to stay focused as I enjoy seeing weight loss in a larger quantity and I don't get discouraged if I have a bad week. However, it does make it hard because I don't always know that the lifestyle change is "paying off" scale-wise. At this point, it has been nearly 4 weeks since my last weigh in.
So my NSV is that today, I finally looked different to myself in the mirror. I don't even know if this will make sense to anyone else. I have taken monthly pics and I can tell a difference in my pictures, I've also noticed looser clothes. But I never thought I looked any different until I looked in the mirror today. I can see a huge difference in my face, stomach and arms. I'm so EXCITED!

Replies

• maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I planned on weighing monthly, but it's hard for me to not weigh even just once a day! So, I'm now doing weekly check ins :D
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! The scale is not always the best indicator of weight loss. Seeing the difference in ourselves is the best!
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I really like that, because all too often we get caught up in the numbers rather then the goal of becoming healthier and losing weight. I am itching to get on the scales every day, but if I don't lose anything, which is actually really likely, because I haven't got a lot to lose and anything can vary with water weight etc. I feel so bad about myself. Well done you :-)
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love this. It is the small things along the way that really make a good, lasting difference. Good for you! :)