How do you get re-motivated?

Options
Hey guys
So I have had about 3 months where I have really let myself slip.
Times have been really stressful, I had a bad break up and had to move over seas back with my mom, as well as having to leave university and find a new job because of financial problems. It's been really difficult to keep a clear head let alone try and watch my weight.

And of corse letting myself slip has had it's consequences and I've gained 9lbs :( I'm really upset and frustrated with myself and feel like I'm never going to get it off, I feel like food has been my comfort through my dark times but I know to be truly happy in myself I need to get back into my healthy lifestyle and lose the weight.

How do you re motivate yourself ? It feels difficult to get started because I am so disappointed with how much weight I've put on, it feels like it's going to take forever to get back to my old weight, and even then I have so much more to go.

If you have had any experience of this or have any advice I'd really appreciate it
X

Replies

• CRmom2
    CRmom2 Posts: 73
    Options
    I can completely relate to how you feel! I have really let myself slip for the last year or so and it shows!! I guess my suggestion (and what I am going to try) is to just take each day one at a time...give yourself small goals each day to work up to!

For example, I am going to start each day this week by doing some push-up, jumping jacks and crunches...I know for myself that if I really stick to it I will start to feel more motivated to add more things to each day! Key is to not make it a chore but instead make it fun!

In the past this site has really helped me as well especially when I have people that keep on me!

If you need support feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other!