Little woohoo moment!!

Options
So, I put this here because in all honesty it is totally motivating for me!!! Anyways......26 lbs GONE!!!!

I can't believe it!! It feels like no time! I started tracking and weighing at the beginning of September.

I think this is the first time in my life I have EVER started this process and actually believed I could do it!!! I am READY to change my life!! 26 gone is a huge motivator for me!! I see ZERO visual differences in myself. But I FEEL different! That is more important I think! At my size, I probably won't see a difference till I hit 50 lbs gone, but DAMN, I actually KNOW I can do that!!

Now I'm excited to see what changes I can make before the hubs gets back from Afgan!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Anyways, I was insanely excited, so I just had to share!!!

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats! And I know it's hard to see the changes on yourself, but I bet others can see it! :smile:
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh, plus, I totally celebrated....but not with crap food, I took my girls for a long walk and some time at the park and had a dance party with the 1 year old!!! :)

On a funny note, I was doing my squats today and my one year old came up beside me and started to try and do them too!!! Hahaha, my three year old does that, but it was so adorable to see my little babykins doing it too!!! Starting them out right!!! ;)
  • Shooter219
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats! And I know it's hard to see the changes on yourself, but I bet others can see it! :smile:
    thank you!!!!

Your absolutely right!! But You know, honestly, at this point, I am just so proud of myself and UNBELIEVABLy excited about this change in my life! I could care less what others see or don't!!! :). Except for the husband, I care what he sees in a couple of months!!! ;)
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Oh, plus, I totally celebrated....but not with crap food, I took my girls for a long walk and some time at the park and had a dance party with the 1 year old!!! :)

On a funny note, I was doing my squats today and my one year old came up beside me and started to try and do them too!!! Hahaha, my three year old does that, but it was so adorable to see my little babykins doing it too!!! Starting them out right!!! ;)

Well done on the loss! Thats is great work.
    I especially like that you added the above in about your girls :) They are definitely watching and learning from you! keep up the good influence :)
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    way to go! you def rocked it! :drinker:
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I hear you on the taking a long time to see the weight loss on yourself. I'd definitely suggest doing pictures every couple of weeks though, and measuring. Even when I hit 30 pounds down I couldn't really see that much of a difference. But luckily my cousin suggested we take pictures when we started and do measurements. Even though I couldn't see the difference, we could see it in the before/after pictures as well as in the inches.

Great job on the weight loss so far, and best wishes as you continue!
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    right on! That's a great accomplishment.. more importantly than what the scale is doing, is what your mind is doing.

Exercising in front of the kids is an excellent example. I took a walk with my two pre-teens, and the 2 year old yesterday. Every little step and example helps us and helps them. Keep strong, some days will be harder than others and some weeks you won't see the scale drop, but your body thanks you!!!
  • Shooter219
    Options

Well done on the loss! Thats is great work.
    I especially like that you added the above in about your girls :) They are definitely watching and learning from you! keep up the good influence :)

Thank you!! THEY are my biggest motivation for me. There are so many things, health wise, world wise, etc. that is going to make their little lives so hard in the future. I want to stop one (obesity) before it ever becomes a problem!! They deserve a fair shot and to learn the right way, not the lazy way!!
  • Shooter219
    Options
    Congrats! I hear you on the taking a long time to see the weight loss on yourself. I'd definitely suggest doing pictures every couple of weeks though, and measuring. Even when I hit 30 pounds down I couldn't really see that much of a difference. But luckily my cousin suggested we take pictures when we started and do measurements. Even though I couldn't see the difference, we could see it in the before/after pictures as well as in the inches.

Great job on the weight loss so far, and best wishes as you continue!

Congrats on your 31!! Yeah, I expect visual to be a ways off, but that's ok. I'm happy with the changes I am feeling!!
  • Shooter219
    Options
    right on! That's a great accomplishment.. more importantly than what the scale is doing, is what your mind is doing.

Exercising in front of the kids is an excellent example. I took a walk with my two pre-teens, and the 2 year old yesterday. Every little step and example helps us and helps them. Keep strong, some days will be harder than others and some weeks you won't see the scale drop, but your body thanks you!!!

Your exactly right, every step is a step in the right direction!!

Thank you everyone!!!! :D
  • flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    great job! Just one little "woohoo" moment at a time, that's all it takes!
  • parallelfifths
    parallelfifths Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting!! That's a substantial number, too, which totally adds to the motivation!! And now you're on a perpetual motion loop of awesomeness! haha!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    ^5 Good job, I suggest you take and track your measurements every couple of weeks, you will really 'see' your results, maybe even better than with the scale.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options

I don't even know you. And I'm so FREAKEN PROUD!
  • wendyjane75
    wendyjane75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you're doing FANTASTIC!
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! keep up the good work. You have a great attitude.
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!!!
  • kimmy75227
    Options
    I really like the way you celebrated by walking with your girls instead of eating "crap" food. You rock!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: