Hair problem

Options
Yeap, I got some hair problem..the hair on my head off course.. I used to have long, thick hair but recently I have been noticing that everytime I come out of the shower and start combing my hair, the hair on my head just falls out... I am terrified..:ohwell: I have read that low protein in a diet and hormone can cause hair lost but I don't wanna be bald, I am only 18 for goodness sake.... besides it definitely going to be a problem during winter..with no hair on my head I'd get brain freeze 24/7...:laugh:
ps. I am taking multivitamin & multimineral...

Replies

• dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    Yeap, I got some hair problem..the hair on my head off course.. I used to have long, thick hair but recently I have been noticing that everytime I come out of the shower and start combing my hair, the hair on my head just falls out... I am terrified..:ohwell: I have read that low protein in a diet and hormone can cause hair lost but I don't wanna be bald, I am only 18 for goodness sake.... besides it definitely going to be a problem during winter..with no hair on my head I'd get brain freeze 24/7...:laugh:
    ps. I am taking multivitamin & multimineral...
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should start taking a multi vitamin!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    JASON Naturals makes a fabulous Biotin shampoo that can really help with this. Also take a multi vitamin and make sure you're getting the nutrients you need from your diet!!! If you want, see your doctor and ask for thyroid to be checked. It's the hormonal powerhouse in your body and thyroid issues are rampant these days.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree with cyclingdiva...a multi vitamin is a good idea. Also, make sure you eating the recommended amounts, especially the calories and protein!!
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein intake (GNC makes a great protein supplement) Also, if you're not taking a multi-vitamin made for women do so. Then add a Biotin supplement. You can find it in any health store. That will strengthen the new hair your body is making. Then I would look into finding a great Professional regimen that includes strength and moisture treatments. This works in most cases but of course a personal consultation would be best. :happy:

Love & Blessings:flowerforyou:
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Something you should also do is go to your general physician. It could be alopecia, which is an autoimmune disorder that attacks hair follicles.

(I have trichotillomania, which is the mental version of that - I compulsively pull my hair out. I just like to spread awareness.)
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Consider going to the dr and having blood done, could be thyroid. My sister started losing her hair the same and thats what it was.
  • jessbramble
    Options
    Hi I had the same thing about a month ago and it was due to stress not my diet so if your stressed do some yoga or go for a long walk with your favorite music and remember whenever you can as many times a day as you can take in four deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth all the best:flowerforyou:
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Magdalune and Sassie are right too. If its not maintenance or diet it could definitely be medical. Pretty much anything that affects blood supply or horomones can cause hair loss. If you are on any medications for those that could play a huge part too.

Love & Blessings