180 Days of logging and 46lbs gone :)

Options
I can't wait to see what 365 days of continuous logging brings! :o) I'm going to try and keep the story short for now but I wanted to share my success so far and hope it helps encourage someone else out there.

At my all time heaviest, I weighed in at 265 pounds. That was in 2007 shortly after I lost my mother to breast cancer at age 51. Anyway, after she passed I realized I needed to make some serious changes because that is a LOT of weight on a 5'4" frame, I was unhealthy, unhappy and wanted to be happy and setting a better example for my 3 kids. I also wanted to do everything I could to reduce my risk factors for cancer myself. I was an emotional eater and I knew that so I started focusing on my eating only and managed to drop from 265 to about 180 in a year by reducing/restricting what I ate, but then I started putting it slowly back on and I found myself back up to 208 in April of this year. That's when I was reintroduced to MFP (apparently I had joined previously... but I never did anything with it) AND found the C25K app... and this time I'm focusing not only on eating better, but actually getting active and changing my lifestyle to a healthier one. I've discovered I love running and will be running my first 5k race this coming Saturday!! I've also managed to drop 46lbs since April and I am now the smallest I've been since I was 19 :o) I've got another 23ISH pounds to go before my original goal and then I'll reevaluate from there.

This picture was from 2007 right before my mother passed and yesterday apple/pumpkin picking with my son
ThenandNow.jpg

This photo still shocks me with how much of a difference there is. Christmas Eve 2007 and last week.
Facecomparison.jpg

This is from 2 weddings almost exactly one year apart. October 10, 2012 and October 5th, 2013 and no... I was not pregnant in the 2012 photo. My youngest is 12 :o)
1ec3c8fa-916d-410c-9830-816b7e62b121.jpg

Thanks for reading and best of luck to everyone on your individual journeys!

**editing to try and resize photos

Replies

• ange290981
    Options
    Hi,

You look great, thank you for sharing.
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :smile:
  • davenportslady
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me. Good luck training for your 5k. Thank you for motivational story.
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look awesome keep up the good work!!
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am so proud of you!!! I also lost my mom to breast cancer in 2002. She was 57 (way to young to leave us......). I have battled my weight for a long time and decided in January of this year to do something about it. I lost by logging in and staying around 1200 to 1500 calories. In June, I bought a ladies bike and I love riding it!!! :smile: I am nearing 40 pounds lost and I feel great. I do believe that there ia a connection with weight and cancer. I am 51 and feeling the best I have in years. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best for you. God bless you and your family.

Rachel in Alabama
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • preciousme150
    preciousme150 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your lifestyle change, you look amazing...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    what an awesome job and a beautiful family. keep up the good work lady!
  • lorabledsoe
    lorabledsoe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    fantastic!
  • determined2bfit13
    determined2bfit13 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • Dancesintherain75
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me. Good luck training for your 5k. Thank you for motivational story.

Thanks! I finished the C25k 9 week program and am working on increasing my pace now before I move onto the 10k! :o) Good luck to you!
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome results! Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :)
  • Dancesintherain75
    Options
    :smile: I am so proud of you!!! I also lost my mom to breast cancer in 2002. She was 57 (way to young to leave us......). I have battled my weight for a long time and decided in January of this year to do something about it. I lost by logging in and staying around 1200 to 1500 calories. In June, I bought a ladies bike and I love riding it!!! :smile: I am nearing 40 pounds lost and I feel great. I do believe that there ia a connection with weight and cancer. I am 51 and feeling the best I have in years. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best for you. God bless you and your family.

Rachel in Alabama

Thanks Rachel and I agree... that is way too young. I'm sorry that you went through the same thing. It's not easy, but you're right that it does motivate those left behind to be as healthy as we can. Best of luck to you and your family as well and congrats on the weight loss!!
  • Dancesintherain75
    Options
    what an awesome job and a beautiful family. keep up the good work lady!

hee hee thanks QT. I think they're pretty great myself... but I'm biased ;o)
  • jenmencer
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and so healthy! Congratulations!

My story is a little different, I had lost 62lbs and was in a great mindset to lose another 62, when my mom became critically ill and I had to help her through.

At the same time, my best friend became terminally ill and I was her caretaker too. I would leave mom at the Cleveland Clinic and go to see Joan at University Hospilals cancer center.

I hung on with eating healthy for about 4 months and finally just ran out of steam and grabbed whatever was handy between hospitals, Joans house issues,my own house responsibilities and whatever days I could work my 10 hour a day physical job.

I lost them both within a month of each other, along with 7 other friends and realatives and my brothers dog ( I am not exaggerating!). It was like 6 months of death.

Stupidly I went back to my old friend food for comfort and gained almost all of it back.

Im now finally back to being able to help myself, its going on 2 years and it really took me that long to heal.

I find a lot of inspiration in your story and I thank you so much for sharing, it makes me want to kick it up a notch- just what I was needing today!!
  • pinalety
    pinalety Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring post....thanks for sharing your journey. You progress is outstanding and your face just glows with joy. I'm so glad that you posted these pics and shared your journey with us. I'm inspired.
  • Dancesintherain75
    Options
    You look amazing and so healthy! Congratulations!

My story is a little different, I had lost 62lbs and was in a great mindset to lose another 62, when my mom became critically ill and I had to help her through.

At the same time, my best friend became terminally ill and I was her caretaker too. I would leave mom at the Cleveland Clinic and go to see Joan at University Hospilals cancer center.

I hung on with eating healthy for about 4 months and finally just ran out of steam and grabbed whatever was handy between hospitals, Joans house issues,my own house responsibilities and whatever days I could work my 10 hour a day physical job.

I lost them both within a month of each other, along with 7 other friends and realatives and my brothers dog ( I am not exaggerating!). It was like 6 months of death.

Stupidly I went back to my old friend food for comfort and gained almost all of it back.

Im now finally back to being able to help myself, its going on 2 years and it really took me that long to heal.

I find a lot of inspiration in your story and I thank you so much for sharing, it makes me want to kick it up a notch- just what I was needing today!!

There's not time frame for healing and that's A LOT you went through!!! I can't even imaging. I'm glad I could inspire you today though. :o) Be kind to yourself and best of luck to you!!
  • Dancesintherain75
    Options
    What an inspiring post....thanks for sharing your journey. You progress is outstanding and your face just glows with joy. I'm so glad that you posted these pics and shared your journey with us. I'm inspired.

Thanks! I've learned positivity is a choice and though yes, sometimes life really sucks... I choose to stay positive because I'd rather be happy :o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!