Howdy from Texas!

Options
Hey guys- just introducing myself! I've been on and off MFP a couple times, but I'm here for the long haul now! I love to cook and I've recently taken up running outdoors, which is way better than on a treadmill. I also believe that woman can and should lift, so I hit the weights and lift heavy 3 times a week :)

Replies

• AshNichole224
    Options
    Howdy! I'm from Austin! I'm in the exact same situation as you. I need to step up my game with this and become healthy. I too believe that women should be able to lift heavy weights :smile:
  • rmhufftx
    Options
    Hey there from DFW. Doctor recommended MFP, looks like it has all the basic tools I've used before but with a better interface. Starting to roll into this slowly, but hoping that it will build momentum quickly.

My wife is also ready to cut some weight, so we can lean on each other (or whip each other as the case may be). She has always been a fan of lifting as well. Personally, I'd caution folks about heavy lifting. Heavier loads tend to build muscle bulk as opposed to toning. Low weight, high reps will add strength and shape without as much bulk.

I used to be an athlete, but since I don't need to bench press by desk any strength work I end up doing will be along those lines.

Best of luck!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey.. I'm from a little city 30 minutes south of Dallas.. Been on and off here since 2011... I'm not lifting but I'm working out hard cord doing Insanity and running... I love cooking and trying to teach my self how to cook healthier..
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    East Texas area here. I am starting over for the 100th time but feel I am willing to give it my all but need support. Feel free to add me and I will do the same.

Diane