What's the stupidest thing you've ever done to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Meth. Only I wasn't trying to lose weight, it just happened.

Same. Plus my house was really clean. And I thought there were bugs under my skin.... But I was only 97 lbs.
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I fell for this gimmick that if you get your ear stapled in a certain spot, it is a pressure point that naturally decreases appetite. It hurt like all hell and I had to get my best friend, who is a nurse, to take it out and get me antibiotics. NOW THAT WAS STUPID.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

Same. Plus my house was really clean. And I thought there were bugs under my skin.... But I was only 97 lbs.

This. Thankfully never got the bug thoughts. Just the psychotic dealer boyfriend that mentally and physically abused me and warped my already crummy self image even more. But I got lucky and managed to get out and I've been clean for over 10 years.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

This. Thankfully never got the bug thoughts. Just the psychotic dealer boyfriend that mentally and physically abused me and warped my already crummy self image even more. But I got lucky and managed to get out and I've been clean for over 10 years.

First quote reminded me of A Scanner Darkly, but I really wanted to say congratulations on your sobriety. ♥
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The Cabbage Soup diet. :/

A friend told me about this years ago, and he was all gung-ho about it. I looked at the soup recipe and thought it didn't sound that bad. It was just vegetable soup, after all.

So I made a HUGE pot of it.

I made it halfway through day 1, and then threw away the soup. Heh.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    The Cabbage Soup diet. :/

A friend told me about this years ago, and he was all gung-ho about it. I looked at the soup recipe and thought it didn't sound that bad. It was just vegetable soup, after all.

So I made a HUGE pot of it.

I made it halfway through day 1, and then threw away the soup. Heh.

Yeah i did this one too. Made it about 3 days and then threw out most of it. By then just the smell of it made me want to almost puke.

I've also done the Master cleanse, super low calorie, HGC, Shaklee, Slimfast, Atkins, Herbalife, Phentermine...hell probably all of them.

The only time I really lost weight was when I was eating less and exercising. Go figure.
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    Laxatives.....
  • PowerProject
    PowerProject Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Listen to the internets.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking? ...pay money...
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Buying the Ab Lounge.....what a complete waste of money. I stay away from infomercials!! I mean even the name should be a dead giveaway about how bad this thing is!!!
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    When I had an ED I would eat chocolate laxatives thinking I'd lose weight.

Until someone informed me that it would cause me to be unable to contain my bowel movements later on in life.

I'm vain, okay?
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Drastically cutting calories. Doing tons of cardio. No no no.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Tried an asthma medication.... Funny because I used to have asthma lol.. Don't anymore
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Blue bottle diet pills, sent me to the hospital! :-(
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    I followed MFPs calorie/macro guidelines for a month or so once. Never again.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    HEr name was Kim. Oh wait... stupidest thing I have ever done *to lose weight*.

I believed MFP when it said I should eat 1300 calories a day.

Im a 6' 230 lb male. Eating ~2600 now and still losing just as fast.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    A diet of coffee and vodka, and smoking cigarettes all day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If I can ask: how many of you did more than one really stupid thing to lose weight? I'm learning so much from this thread, and I thank all of you for sharing it.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I followed MFPs calorie/macro guidelines for a month or so once. Never again.

Someone must have told you some really really crappy stuff then lol