New Starter

loxleys
loxleys Posts: 230 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Sarah and I'm a 36 yr old busy mum of 2 and I joined mfp after a recommendation from a friend. I've tried and failed to lose the last 20 lbs of weight gained in pregnancy through various different diets - none of which worked or lasted. Mfp has been addictive to use and hopefully when I dare to weigh in for the first time then i'll finally start losing weight. I like to read about others stories and get lots of inspiration from their stories.

If anyone has any good tips to get rid of the dreaded muffin top - i'd love to hear them.

Sarah

Replies

• Welcome!!! :D
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    you've done really well to lose so much weight - and you have such a busy time with your little girls. Its inspiring to know that it can be done.
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Just got on MFP today. I've started the South Beach Diet this week and am feeling good so far. I've got some post-baby weight I've been struggling to lose, and I lack serious motivation to exercise. I'm so busy with my 6 month old, that I have a hard time making it a part of my day. Any suggestions would be helpful!
  • mebkk
    mebkk Posts: 9
    We joined the YMCA. Does every state have that? Anyways, they have a childwatch center there and they watch your kids for free (included in membership) but its such a great part of my day. My kids get to have fun playing and meeting other kids while I get in a great work out. This is actually my way of relaxing from my busy day at home with the kiddos. I highly recommend joining if you have one. They do memberships based on your income to so its pretty affordable.
This discussion has been closed.