Long Days

Options
I don't know about you guys, but I pull 16-20 hour days about once a week and always have a hard time staying on track with my intake on those long days. How do you cope? I have a hard time, especially because I like to have a big breakfast and that seems to eat up half of my allowance for the day and I don't have the time or energy to exercise as well as go to work and school all in one day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    It's only one day a week. You know when it happens, so just plan around it. No rule that says you have to workout that day either. I view calories in a weekly manner, not daily. If I eat too much one day, I can workout more the next day to get back on track. Don't stress about it. You may be moving more in a 16-20 hour day than you would be in an 8 hour day too.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up if you are just trying to figure out those long days. I don't have long work days, but I do have long days where I work 8 hours, then turn around and have to get the kids somewhere. Sometimes I am able to plan ahead, and other times I'm not.

I like to use my crock pot or I have a deep covered baker from pampered chef that I can use in the microwave. I pack healthy snacks to much on through the day, and I pre log my meals and snacks so I know exactly what I should be sticking to.
  • brittanyadore
    brittanyadore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, i really like the idea of logging food ahead of time!