Need just a little help!

Options
I have been struggling these past three weeks with the same 4lbs; I gain them, I lose them but can't seem to get down anymore. I am working my butt off with the cardio but I know where I am falling short is with my food. What happens is I eat really well during the day but then when it gets to dinner, I sometimes fall off the wagon. I guess I am just wondering what some of you do to keep you on track? I love it when I see the numbers drop on the scale but my cravings seem to beat me up.

Can anyone help?

Replies

• soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Exercise is the key. Take the stairs or go to the park with the kids. Join a hiking club.
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    I have the same issues. I just finally started planning my meals ahead and entering them in so there is no question about what I should eat. I will not eat anything until I know the calorie count and make sure it fits into my daily calorie intake. Drinking water has helped also. I am drinking about 100 oz. a day. But it took me a couple of months to get my diet where it should be and I have just finally started losing the weight. It takes a lot of planning ahead and is very hard work. Just stay focused and hang in there.
  • sbusarah
    sbusarah Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For me I am just starting out and as I am restocking my kitchen I am only shelving healthy foods: fruits, veggies, lean meats, reduced fat stuff, and then I have no food that's unhealthy to eat. I would get rid of the unhealthy stuff but I don't have money to do that so I am just doing it as I run out.

I also look at the value of something before I eat it and see if it fits into my daily allotment. Portion control is a struggle for me so I try to fix my plate and then put the rest of the food away so I don't get more. I tell myself if I am still hungry I will drink some water and wait at least an hour to see if the feeling passes. If it doesn't then I will chose something based on its contents.