What's the stupidest thing you've ever done to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I followed MFPs calorie/macro guidelines for a month or so once. Never again.

Someone must have told you some really really crappy stuff then lol
    I'm assuming he/she meant they told MFP they wanted to lose 2LBS a week and it put them at something like 1200 calories a day, of low protein high carb food. ie, the default.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    ...not really to lose weight, but i forced myself to eat oatmeal a couple of times per week.

NEVER AGAIN!!!
  • donnace7
    donnace7 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Dexatrim
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    4 half marathons in one month.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    burpees
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    Bought "wight loss pills" thinking they would actually work lololol. Glad I've become more knowledgeable about the world of nutrition and exercising!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    burpees

tumblr_lqas3fj5ck1qfhjsq.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    For some reason when I was a teenager my aunt told me that staying up all night and not sleeping helps people to lose weight and stay thin and have a fast metabolism. I suppose she figured that as long as a person was awake and active they would be burning more calories.
  • MsStilwell2013
    Options
    well i took a bunch of diet pills thinking it would make me lose weight faster and i starve my self thinking it would make me loose weight faster.:smokin:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    got depressed and forgot to eat for an extended period of time....
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    I'm assuming he/she meant they told MFP they wanted to lose 2LBS a week and it put them at something like 1200 calories a day, of low protein high carb food. ie, the default.

Precisely. I did as everyone does when they first start out; I entered my numbers, said I wanted to drop 2 LBS a week and ran with MFPs high carb low protein nonsense. And I did lose weight. Of course, I was well on my way to becoming skinnyfat with numbers like that.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I used the macros that MFP gave me
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ate only a boiled egg and half a can of soup a day for around 6 months.
    WOW.

You're not kidding..
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Went to a class guaranteed to lose weight. When I got to the class was told to close my eyes & think of myself small. This wonderful class cost me $25 & my dignity. Lol

LMAO!!:laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What's the stupidest thing you've ever done to lose weight?

Use MFP's default numbers.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I bought a bundle of like 10 laser lipo appointments when I was 17... ugh I spent so much money for them to shine a flashlight at me and still be just as fat...
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Anorexia.

When I was a teenager, I would chew my food, spit it into my cup, and then volunteer to clear the table so no one would discover it. =| I had a pretty wrecked metabolism... and then started binge eating later.

After I had my daughter, I lost about 50 lbs (I got up to 312 while pregnant) through breastfeeding. When it slowed down I decided to help it along. I cut out all white carbs, sugars, red meat, pork, most fats, anything that wasn't non-fat dairy, whole eggs, etc. I lived on mostly chicken breasts, fish, and vegetables with a few whole grain carbs. I lost another 50 pounds in 3 months... I gained it back and almost made it up to 300 lbs again in the year after that.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    meth
  • wwunderlust
    Options
    4 things:

olive oil diet (instigated by a "well-meaning" friend in highschool who said it would boost my metabolism along with an excess in carbs. no meat. i fell for it. sigh.)

anorexia+soda diet

bulimia

attempted to look for tapeworms to swallow lol >.<
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Alli will make u poop yourself...lol.....:laugh: