Obsessed with the Scale

Options
2»

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I was the same way but now my scale needs a new battery and don't want to replace it for a while
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have an analog scale, funny thing is, if it weight with my arms folded i'm slightly more, or if I lean more forward the needle goes slightly, or if I lean more to the right.

Half the time I trying to work out the correct posture to stand on the damn thing, I seem to be too soft, I don't fold my arms and rather slightly lean to the left then recorded it! Today im exactly 100kgs, or am i not?..
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I have an analog scale, funny thing is, if it weight with my arms folded i'm slightly more, or if I lean more forward the needle goes slightly, or if I lean more to the right.

Half the time I trying to work out the correct posture to stand on the damn thing, I seem to be too soft, I don't fold my arms and rather slightly lean to the left then recorded it! Today im exactly 100kgs, or am i not?..

LOL! I think it's time you invest in a digital scale my friend! :)
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    No I just competed and had to weigh every am. But you also have to realize you will have daily fluctuations due to many factors. Try focusing more on taking measurements and by how your clothes feel.
  • SueVit
    SueVit Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh, I weigh myself once or twice a day too. I know I fluctuate, that's okay. I'm always so very happy to see that I'm not in the 200's that I just like to glance down and see it's still true! It's more of an affirmation than a worrisome comment. I'm getting thinner!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I threw my scale away, I count belt loops... :)
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Oh, I weigh myself once or twice a day too. I know I fluctuate, that's okay. I'm always so very happy to see that I'm not in the 200's that I just like to glance down and see it's still true! It's more of an affirmation than a worrisome comment. I'm getting thinner!

Same here! :happy:
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day too, usually in the morning, just to check status and see what the minor fluctuations are. But Monday mornings are weigh in days, when I record my progress for consistency on MFP.