Why are Postal employees so rude?

Options

Replies

• AbsOrElse
    AbsOrElse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I worked as a clerk for ten years at the po. The mailmen are on a schedule and they the supervisors always ride their butt to rush rush rush. They even have barcodes in some mail boxes they have to scan to let the supervisors know where they are etc. Clerks are always shorhanded and deal with some crazy rude people every day. I had a woman who brought her 25 year old son to kick my butt because i wouldnt put stamps on her letters for her. lol The post office is full of peopple who do nothing and a few who work hard and it wears on the good workers till they just dont care. Not that I am making excuses cause I dont work there anymore just letting you know its a horrible work environment filled with supervisors with no experience. Just my thoughts.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    they're mad that they're not hiring at fedex
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    On the contrary...FedEx and ups have contracts with USPS to deliver packages under a certain poundage to residents
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Nothing I'm reading constitutes a valid reason for being rude. Their job sucks? Yeah, so does mine. So what? You don't get a pass to be rude to me just because the last guy was rude to you. Put on your big kid pants and be polite.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat again.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    On the contrary...FedEx and ups have contracts with USPS to deliver packages under a certain poundage to residents

Because they can operate at a loss, thus delivering more cheaply.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    My mom works for the PO and says they're HORRIBLE to work for...

But I'd bring in 50-100 packages every 4ish days... And they were ALL ****s to me exc one man...

I'm just standing here like my cart full of packages literally pays your salary....please be nice to me.
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    They probably get yelled at by people like me, because they lose my packages. I had two things coming to me last week and when they were late I spoke to him and he said he didn't know where they went. After arguing for a few moments he decided to check the whole truck and what do you know there was one of my packages. The other he said he scanned it and already put it out. Do your damn job right then cuz you put it in the wrong box. Im sure im going to have a lot more missing mail now.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    A
    L packages now have free 50$ insurance.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    what I wanna know is why they drive those little trucks so crazy!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    bc they're unionized and never wanted anything more from life so they are spiteful against anyone else in the outside world because of their own stubborn resentment

/thread

Eta: because I spell like a govt employee.
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    bc they're unionized and never wanted anything more from life so they are spiteful against anyone else in the outside world because of their own stubborn resentment

This. So. This.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Oh look, a bunch of shîtcons posting.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Both usps guys that drop the mail at my office are super nice. Very chatty and often bring me the mail personally so I don't have to walk to the mail box. Always very polite. Sorry your guys aren't so cheery.
  • whierd
    Options
    Both usps guys that drop the mail at my office are super nice. Very chatty and often bring me the mail personally so I don't have to walk to the mail box. Always very polite. Sorry your guys aren't so cheery.

They just find you attractive.
  • ilikethisname
    Options
    My letter carrier is always nice.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Now YOU'VE got the attitude of the people you complain about.
  • whierd
    Options

Now YOU'VE got the attitude of the people you complain about.

How do you figure?
  • unknownexile
    Options
    :( i work for ups
  • lindaamarie
    Options
    All the postal people I've dealt with have been really nice! haha