Work out recommendations to do at home? Please.

Options
Hello!
I've been reading about the subject over here but I got more lost since I am new in all of this.
I'm on a diet and I'm starting to run (I am not doing very good but I am improving), but I want to be more active the time I can be home after college and work and find another way to be fit and lose weight.

I've been trying cardio work outs I find on youtube before I decide to buy one, but I really don't know which one could be best for me.
I don't feel ready for Insanity, tho I did the Fit Test an hour ago. I've read about Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Fire, Denise Austin work outs and a lot more I can't remember but I would reaaaaaally appreciate if you can give me some advice about which one would be the best to burn fat and help me lose weight.

I am determined to reach my goal and make this a lifestyle because so far I am feeling so good I can't believe it took me so long to realize I needed it.

Thank you for your time!

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I play volleyball, run and do P90X on non sports days (4 x's a wk). I have not been to a gym in about 5 years. I know i get results with P90 so i stick with it. It is about an hour long and you can modify moves and work your way up.
  • peachcats
    Options
    Doesn't your college have a gym you could stop at after class?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    jullian michaels is amazing its hard but the results are worth it
  • scarrose
    Options
    Isn't P90X like Insanity? I'll have to check it out, thank you :)
  • scarrose
    Options
    Doesn't your college have a gym you could stop at after class?

In Mexico college is a bit different. And yeah, there is a gym but the thing is I gotta go work after my classes. I have a class that is like athletics but it's only two days a week and I am looking for more.
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd. I'm on Day 5 of Level 1 and i'm starting to enjoy it now that it's not kickin' my butt :laugh:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com

it's AMAZING
  • scarrose
    Options
    jullian michaels is amazing its hard but the results are worth it

I am thinking about trying that one too! Thanks :)
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely try Jillian Michael 30 days shred...
  • scarrose
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd. I'm on Day 5 of Level 1 and i'm starting to enjoy it now that it's not kickin' my butt :laugh:

Awesome! Haha, I should buy that one tomorrow. Keep working! :) And thanks.
  • scarrose
    Options
    fitnessblender.com

it's AMAZING

I will check it out right now. Thank you!
  • scarrose
    Options
    Yes definitely try Jillian Michael 30 days shred...

Thank you! I definitely will!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    floorwork, stretching, yoga, pilates, squats, free weights, dumbbells, videos, dance dance revolution.
  • motochick0
    Options
    Hi!
    If you have a smartphone, I'm super fond of Nike Training Club.
    It's an app that's free and has lots of guided workouts
  • hannanel
    Options
    I did hip hop abs and I loved it! Shaun t was really fun. The problem is that if you follow the schedule when they start doing 2 videos it can be difficult time wise. Its a really fun workout but the results will take time. I also did p90x and it was hard but it definately delivers results. Also though, it is an hour a day and again if time is limited than that can be difficult. Also remember eating is about 70% Right now I'm doing insanity. Just started. The workouts are hard especially because I'm better at strength training that cardio. The workouts are only about 40 minutes though! You said you don't think your ready for insanity yet but I think if your really commited to losing weight then I think you should do insanity. Also for p90x I definately lost fat but on the scale I went up 14 lbs so remember muscle weighs more than fat. Hope this helps. If you have any questions than message me
  • scarrose
    Options
    Hi!
    If you have a smartphone, I'm super fond of Nike Training Club.
    It's an app that's free and has lots of guided workouts

Hello! Ohh I was so excited about this but it says it'ss not compatible with my phone, ha.
    So I'll have to try with other things until I get a new one lol
    Thank you!
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Shaun T's T25 for 13 weeks and have been VERY happy with it. 25 minutes 5x a week is totally doable with my busy schedule.
  • scarrose
    Options
    I did hip hop abs and I loved it! Shaun t was really fun. The problem is that if you follow the schedule when they start doing 2 videos it can be difficult time wise. Its a really fun workout but the results will take time. I also did p90x and it was hard but it definately delivers results. Also though, it is an hour a day and again if time is limited than that can be difficult. Also remember eating is about 70% Right now I'm doing insanity. Just started. The workouts are hard especially because I'm better at strength training that cardio. The workouts are only about 40 minutes though! You said you don't think your ready for insanity yet but I think if your really commited to losing weight then I think you should do insanity. Also for p90x I definately lost fat but on the scale I went up 14 lbs so remember muscle weighs more than fat. Hope this helps. If you have any questions than message me

I tried Hip Hop Abs today and it was fun, but I didn't feel like I worked out a lot like with the other cardio routines I've been trying.
    I have Insanity, and I've watched the routines and I'm just not too good with jumping a lot and all the push ups.

I am learning to eat healthy and I am doing great, so that won't be a problem :) And one hour of excercise is great, I have time for that. I just don't want to be out late going to the gym and at home I can do it. I usually have a lot of energy at night so I use it to work out.

I won't think much about it and just try Insanity too. So we'll see if I survive lol.
    Thank you so much!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I can only say what worked for me, which was Turbo Fire. I did the 12 weeks, then did 8 weeks of Chalean Extreme :smile:
  • scarrose
    Options
    I have been doing Shaun T's T25 for 13 weeks and have been VERY happy with it. 25 minutes 5x a week is totally doable with my busy schedule.

Oohh this looks awesome! Now I want to do it all. Thank you!