HELP - My motivation ran way!!!

Options
Hi all, I'm new here. I've lost 50kg on my weight loss journey so far, I have quite another bit to go before I'm happy with myself. The problem is, for the past few months my motivation has gone walk about, presumably gone to the dark side and is stuffing it's face with ice cream....But I'm ready now to lose it all but my motivation just won't kick in. Any advice and new friends would be really great :-)

Replies

• santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting for 2 years and lost over 197 pounds. I've still got 10 pounds to lose. I have got frustrated with that last 10 pounds as it doesn't want to budge.I've played around with it for over six months. Sometimes gaining a few pounds thinking I'll never get their, letting my defeatest attitude take over and give in. But being on this sight has kept my spirits up when down, and when I see others losing weight, it kicked me into action, not wanting to admit defeat.

A lot of people on this sight who log on, don't really have much conversations with each other on a day to day basis. I think its important to chat about your day, it promotes motivation.
    Hope this helps, if you want to add me as a friend, please do.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It is hard to get back on track.... but you CAN do it. It is all about choices in the moment.

I will friend request you, I would love to help in anyway that I can!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Go running after it. For me getting into a new exercise reenergizes me. Try something new you might just be bored of the old routine.
  • SHRINKINGG1
    SHRINKINGG1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fake it till you make it. My motivation is on walkabout to so I don't want to work out and I don't want to eat right but I have to cause I don't want to be the heavy and I don't want to be this out of shape. So I am going to go do my work out and afterwords I will have a nice healthy meal. Good luck!

Feel free to friend me.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Log everything - food and exercise. Don't worry too much if you are not hitting the goals, just log it. Your motivation will become curious about what you are doing, and will start to sneak peaks at your log, and before you know it, she will be sitting right there with you; giving you a hard time if you don't make better choices. Gotta be sneaky sometimes. BTW - congratulations on how far you are come!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Get up everyday and do your best to eat well and exercise. Make plans & follow through. You've lost an incredible amount of weight and I know that it can get tiring.

The thing is, it's all up to you. Are you willing to just give up? Give in? I bet not.

The thing that keeps me going every day is this: This is about being healthy. It's about being strong. It's about setting up habits for eating well and exercising that I will continue to do for the REST OF MY LIFE.

I want this. More than anything else - I want this. You can do it too. Never quit. :drinker:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    The key is to make it a lifestyle - at this point motivation will not matter as much.

Get into a routine and stay married to the process.

Good luck :)