Options
    Definitely not for weight loss, lol.

I works for everything! :)

Nothing works until you do.
    Excuses don't burn callories. :)
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    RemyaUnnikrishnan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi..Goodmorning all. wishing u a very happy monday. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152654977885436&set=vb.540565435&type=2&theater All do watch this video..This is such a cute video and it shows that Jesus is with always. Do watch n tell. I could feel him near me while watching this :)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    “I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'.”
    ― Muhammad Ali

This quote is one that I use to motivate me when I feel like skipping a session. Kind of like "Don't sacrifice what you really want for what you want right now". Really about focusing on long terms goals and looking at the bigger picture
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Before I go on a long run, I write quotes and the names of the people I'm running for on the inside of my arms. As the run gets longer and more tiring, I look at my arm and keep moving. Some quotes I alternate:

Embrace the Suck
    Everything Forward
    I Got This
    I Am Enough
    Go Team (for Team in Training)
    26.2 (or whatever mileage I'm training for)

It works best for me when I'm super tired, I'm getting achy and I need a visual reminder of why I took that first step and started that particular run, on that particular day.
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nah. I worked in a place that could have been, if I didn't know better, the company that churned out those 'motivational posters' from the way they spoke all the time. :laugh: Corporate wankery.

I bought a Weight Watchers brand scale, and it has a bunch of 'motivational quote stickers' that you can stick on to the scale, but they are all very girly... not really motivational for my boyfriend also trying to lose weight. YOU GO GIRL! :laugh:

That said, I do know plenty of people who are the type to post/share these quotes on Facebook and such. I don't bag them, it doesn't hurt anyone, and might even help them.
  • unknownexile
    Options
    a quote that got me into training was "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop' it pushes me and got me to today JUST GOTTA PUSH THROUGH!
  • peterjasper
    peterjasper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump coz
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Check this thread...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration

Quotes from mfp-ers with their pics.

It rolled.
    Part 2 is here :
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103771-mfp-fitspiration

You may need kleenex

Oh and if you have your own, please add!
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    YES they do motivate me a lot :) :-D
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options
    Nah. I worked in a place that could have been, if I didn't know better, the company that churned out those 'motivational posters' from the way they spoke all the time. :laugh: Corporate wankery.

I bought a Weight Watchers brand scale, and it has a bunch of 'motivational quote stickers' that you can stick on to the scale, but they are all very girly... not really motivational for my boyfriend also trying to lose weight. YOU GO GIRL! :laugh:

That said, I do know plenty of people who are the type to post/share these quotes on Facebook and such. I don't bag them, it doesn't hurt anyone, and might even help them.

Motivational Weight Loss Quotes may inspire you when you’re up in the clouds or feeling low. But i know that nobody can loose weight by reading these quotes. But it at times help us gain our lost confidence and belief.
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options
    16bacbe4679e1bdbd6d60c9e581cb240.jpg

LOL!!!
  • Silent1980
    Options
    <
    yeap
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Just because it burns doesn't mean your gonna die! You gotta get up and try! -Pink
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    " Everything you need is inside you".
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options
    " Everything you need is inside you".

Very true!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Will Rogers - "When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging."

and

“Don't wish it were easier. Wish you were better.”
    ― Jim Rohn
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU

This inspired me 17 months ago when I began on MFP and someone posted his video here. I still go back and watch this every few weeks. It inspired me to run and to never quit. It made me ask the question: Why NOT me????

Go Ben!!
  • allprobeginner
    Options
    BY "motivational", you mean I got off my touche and worked out?

Most of the time, not really. Not the traditional, diet type of quotes.
    or this one, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".
    Um no.

However, a genuine comment from friends or mentors can be.
    Look to your own progress for motivation.
    But 'motivated' or not, consistency and great form is most important.
  • Female_On_Fire
    Female_On_Fire Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello from Chicago. These two quotes are currently helping me stay on track! I WANT RESULTS, so I've been ditching my excuses! Found some free online photos that I liked and typed the "mottos" on the pics.

healthphoto-resultsorexcuses1_zps934ed401.jpg

healthphoto-weightlossamentalchallenge1_zps050addbd.jpg
    Love this!
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    Options
    8ab89321286ccf3f144fe77438ece38c.jpg