social media fueling dangerous ‘thigh gap’ trend

Options
124»

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I think people should remember that if you have wide hips, having a thigh gap does not automatically make you unhealthy.

Not that I think it's something to specifically work toward, as it's not realistic for all body types, but having one doesn't mean you're automatically too skinny.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I think people should remember that if you have wide hips, having a thigh gap does not automatically make you unhealthy.

Not that I think it's something to specifically work toward, as it's not realistic for all body types, but having one doesn't mean you're automatically too skinny.

Well said!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to get people to call it a vagina window.

I think it will make the trend die down

I will now refer to it as this and only this term. I will also educate others.

YES
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Think I can hit 200lbs bulking and still have a thigh gap?
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    So, I'm curious. If the wind blew through your window--or you went for a run, would it make a whistling sound?

I like to imagine it's more like a kazoo sound.
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i have a vagina peep hole. my vagina window is gone ):
  • njbh86
    njbh86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

It just makes sense. It's not going to be much of a compliment when girls are saying

'Oh wow, you have such a big vagina window.!"

we could totally make an accessories line based on this concept. imagine the curtains.

Pretty sure vagina curtains are something else entirely. And now I feel unwell.
  • joe_madre
    joe_madre Posts: 693
    Options

No way. It will only encourage people to work hard for a way to open the window.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    I guess if you were a competitive cyclist you might get said "vagina window" and still be healthy. But, to quote:

"but it adds nothing to a nice butt...."

Quite true. Hemingway had a similar observation in one of his books, so this has been going on for years.
  • njbh86
    njbh86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lets not get mixed up between a box gap and a thigh gap.

Thigh gap - nothing touches

Box gap - thighs touch but there is that neat little heart shaped gap at the top

aw crap - i have that.

how do i fix it?

or is this like - a peep hole instead of a window?

WAT DUZ IT MATR IF U RNT 20 LBS OMG #skinandbones #nothingtastesasgoodasskinnyfeels #haventeateninthreedays #bonesarebeautiful #fattymcfatfat

My brain hurts from typing that.

My brain hurts from reading it :p

You're welcome. When you think about that headache you have later, you can whisper "Pistolas" and shake your fist at the sky.

I should have someone film me doing that in a crowded downtown area. Then edited it, add some music, some graphics. Would be just like the movies :p

I like it. Pistolas sounds like a good archnemesis name.

MENDOZAAAAA
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I read about it in Seventeen magazine a couple months ago, it blew my mind, like wth! I like my strong thighs, dont want no chicken little legs!

Amen!
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Same. Must make sure all my friends are aware. lol

My husband just inquired, so is the male version the "mangina window"?
    Weiner window?
  • mkop84
    mkop84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I would follow the Toe Gap Tumblr :)
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Y'all totally made my day better giving me something amusing to read. Thanks! :drinker:
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The Tumblr site and youtube vid - and this whole thread really - just made my day. Awesome. I will now tell my husband that I need to go shopping for new curtains for my vagina window :drinker: