How to Sustain Motivation when You're Struggling

Options

Replies

• TimElwis
    Options
    I REALLY needed this, thanks so much! :)

Thanks for reading :)
    \

Thank you for posting!
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I REALLY needed this, thanks so much! :)

Thanks for reading :)
    \

Thank you for posting!

:)
  • aly_ba_ba
    Options
    I really needed to read this today. I started a new exercise routine (an hour a day) and new food limitations (cut down on carbs, load up on proteins) and by week 2.... cant get motivated to get up in the morning to exercise early. I think I definitely tried to do too much at once and that is the reason I keep burning out. I'm going to focus more on eating healthier and getting in more exercise but not HAVING to do an hour and HAVING to restrict so drastically.
    THANK YOU!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I really needed to read this today. I started a new exercise routine (an hour a day) and new food limitations (cut down on carbs, load up on proteins) and by week 2.... cant get motivated to get up in the morning to exercise early. I think I definitely tried to do too much at once and that is the reason I keep burning out. I'm going to focus more on eating healthier and getting in more exercise but not HAVING to do an hour and HAVING to restrict so drastically.
    THANK YOU!

that is always my problem! But if you take it one step at a time, you will last longer and still be excited about it! I started this time by cutting out soda and fast food for the first couple weeks, then i phased into counting calories, then started addign more fruits and veggies...then after slowly incorporating all of that the first couple months, I started working out 25 mins a day, and once I feel liek stuff sint working I will start looking into keeping my macros in line....and so on...

Glad this helped you!
  • Yiazach
    Yiazach Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a really good post! good job OP thank you for your thoughts!
  • karrowr
    karrowr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A friend & I were just having a conversation last night about everything you wrote in your post, I definitely needed to read this today, this gives me the motivation to keep going! Thanks!
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love this!!! Thank you for sharing. I will be printing and reading it when I have my struggles!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A friend & I were just having a conversation last night about everything you wrote in your post, I definitely needed to read this today, this gives me the motivation to keep going! Thanks!

How cool Rach. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Thanks for posting this, it is full of great and awesome tips.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Glad so many are able to take something away from reading this! We have all been there and 97% of us can relate in some way!
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    great words.
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the read. Woke up exhausted, scale didn't move, hungry and sore today. It's interesting how one's emotions can change drastically in a 24 hour period.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thought I was doing alright these past 6 weeks. Lupus must be flaring as the scale from my dr. says I only lost 4 lbs. not the 9 from 2 wks. ago. This is a little unsettling for me but I am on prednisone. Dr. said to just keep trying. Hopefully all the drama is done for now. I am going to try to find my motivation again. Have a nice day.

Good Luck with the predisone- I wish my doctor would have warned me a little more about the side effects when I had to take it long term- I had no idea you could gain weight very quickly with it. I am still a little out of whack from it- only take it as long as needed. again- good luck - I am still trying to lose my predisone weight but I will get there and you will get where you want to be too :flowerforyou:
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    This is a great write up!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am going to print this out and keep it with me
  • jwhitch
    jwhitch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow, I really needed this! Bump!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. Like all the others on here, I really was looking for motivation today, so the timing is perfect.

I am at a point of complacency right now. I had a goal to get down to 155 by my 50th birthday. My bday came, and I still have 25 lbs to go. After losing 50 pounds, I am no longer Obese, and my health risks have dramatically dropped. I don't think of myself as a failure for not meeting the target time. My problem is quite the opposite. I have fallen into the 'good enough' trap. I have enjoyed the support and positive feedback from my friends and family, and even my drs are telling me I have lost enough and am fine at my current weight.

But I still have 25 lbs to go!

I can maintain fairly easily, as long as I keep my mind on it. But losing at this point is extremely slow, and the temptation is just to relax and stay where I am.
    I need to find a new motivation and new goal, aside from the scale.

I am thinking about changing my ticker to show my current weight as my starting weight. I think looking at 'zero lbs lost' might snap me out of this. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I am proud of the lbs that I have lost so far, and don't want people to see my ticker and think I haven't lost anything in over a year.

But I guess I need to get past worrying about what other people think, and just do whatever I need to do, to make some goals and reach them.

Ok, talked myself into it. I am changing my ticker. YIKES!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Thank you for this!
    Thanks for reading!
  • Crystald12342010
    Crystald12342010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BUMP