Anyone here not watch television?

Options
Mobilemuscle
Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
I mean, at all, no netflix redbox....anything?

Im seriously considering just putting my TV and entertainment center in storage and redecorating my living room.

Any experiences with this?

It would be hard to give up football is my major concern....

Replies

• Yiazach
    Yiazach Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I guess since you enjoy something you dont need to throw it in storage, just watch the things you enjoy and nothing else. Personally i dont have a television and i dont miss it one bit!
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    I guess since you enjoy something you dont need to throw it in storage, just watch the things you enjoy and nothing else. Personally i dont have a television and i dont miss it one bit!

Well the problem is I want to redecorate the living room and the entertainment center takes up space where Id like to put other stuff...

have you always went without a TV?
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Football - Yes, agreed. Hard to give up BUT 90 mins of training vs 90 mins of slumber....I know what I'd choose.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get rid of the one in the living room. When you have a tv, you have to decorate around it.

I say put it in storage, and go somewhere to watch the game.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have a television, but I don't watch it. Occasionally, I might watch a DVD, but even that is rare, maybe once every 6 months. Honestly, I just don't have the time to watch TV.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    We watch very little Netflix and a few movies every now and then. We mostly keep it because my daughter enjoys the occasional cartoon. Mostly I use it to work out (DVDs)
    If you want to use that space for something else, you could always put the TV somewhere else. Theres no rule that it has to be in the living room! :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    not sure about your friends but in some cases it can make you a slight social outcast because you wont get the topical pop culture references people are always talking about.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I only watch football...and I'm on the elliptical when I watch it. My upstairs living room has absolutely no electronics in it, and that's usually where I hang out. If I'm sitting on my butt, I'm reading or doing jigsaw puzzles. But yeah, my family knows that when it's Sunday, Monday or Thursday, I'm watching the game lol and doing laundry of course.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    We have a nice theatre set up, but no TV service. We use the TV to watch movies on DVD or Blueray and also use it for a bit of gaming. I used to watch hockey, but after years without feel silly having ever been a fan. WIthout TV, before long you wonder how you ever had time to sit and watch TV.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    I'd love to get rid of the one in the living room. When you have a tv, you have to decorate around it.

I say put it in storage, and go somewhere to watch the game.

It just "feels" like getting it out of the house would be liberating

The stupid TV....I feel like Gollum in Lord of the Rings...

uggh
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I don't own a tv because whatever I want to watch I stream on my laptop. Football is my only issue too but I usually go to a sports bar with friends.
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I mean, at all, no netflix redbox....anything?

Im seriously considering just putting my TV and entertainment center in storage and redecorating my living room.

Any experiences with this?

It would be hard to give up football is my major concern....

I don't have cable. Not for 2+ years. I don't miss it.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    Maybe Ill just stick it in the office so I can just put on CNN or something while I work

Im not worried about being much of a social outcast since I only have like 2 friends anyways
  • Yiazach
    Yiazach Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Well the problem is I want to redecorate the living room and the entertainment center takes up space where Id like to put other stuff...

have you always went without a TV?

I went without a tv through college because i couldnt afford one back then. When i could afford it i thought i didnt need it anymore!quite a poisonous device.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I don't own a tv because whatever I want to watch I stream on my laptop. Football is my only issue too but I usually go to a sports bar with friends.

That's a great idea, and you cheer for a great team too! GO SAINTS!
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    I need to get the damn thing out of here then....

Im going to toss it in a volcano

but maybe ill just put it in the office and see how that works first :D
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't even remember there is a TV set in the house. I do watch some series, but I watch them on my laptop.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options

That's a great idea, and you cheer for a great team too! GO SAINTS!

I cant beleive the saints gave that game to brady.... killed my suicide pool
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Haven't watched TV in something like 20 years. I don't miss it.

I generally don't watch movies, either. (I did see Hunger Games and all the Harry Potter movies!)

Really, you'll survive without TV in your living room. ;)