Deadlift Socks

Options
FrnkLft
FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
So when I'm doing heavy deads, sometimes I knick my shins and it gets bloody. Then.. it takes forever to heal and I already have track marks on my shins from a life of roller hockey and all manner of athletic endevours.

So, any recommendations on good deadlifting socks?

Replies

• sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    I had the same problem, these if you are a classy lifter:
    http://www.amazon.com/Argyle-Socks-Black-Over---Calf/dp/B00CO8X7II/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381784290&sr=8-1-fkmr3&keywords=men's+argyle+knee+high+athletic+sock

kidding... (sort of) really any over the calf sock will work, i bought a bunch of Under Armour ones, the baseball socks are nice because they are a little thicker. But I also have some that are the old school 3 stripe kind, they work just as well.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You can also try soccer shin guards.
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    Oh, are baseball socks padded in the front?
  • sluggz
    Options
    not padded, the brand i bought was just a thicker material than a normal sock.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Wear the marks with pride.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I just wear regular tall socks- usually strippy- I look ridiculous.

I love it. Any thick sock works fine for me- but meh- I'm not a die hard sock wear-er.
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    So what like wool hiking socks? Don't those get hot as hell?
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I just wear Nike soccer socks. Works fine for me.
  • JoRocka
    Options

nah- just not thin dress socks. tall socks come in "dress sock" thickness- or regular sock thickness... and these are more the "regular " sock thickness.

No hiking boot socks- ew. no.

I have no shame- I'll use fashion stripey socks as long as they aren't super thing.
  • FrnkLft
    Options

nah- just not thin dress socks. tall socks come in "dress sock" thickness- or regular sock thickness... and these are more the "regular " sock thickness.

No hiking boot socks- ew. no.

I have no shame- I'll use fashion stripey socks as long as they aren't super thing.

To be fair, women in any kind of tube socks are pretty hot... kinda hard for you to look stupid wearing any of them...

That said, I think I'm just going to buy some black soccer socks (the one's I've been using are white, and thin, and I've bled through them already) and maybe some shin guard inserts. Foam or plastic or whatever. Maybe under armor make some that breath a bit more, because I seriously sweat my *kitten* off.

It's just so damn easy to knick yourself and bleed over the bar, and when I'm doing high weight for reps, I'm not paying attention to this at all, or stopping lol
  • JoRocka
    Options
    lol I should post up my last picture from a gym workout- socks and all with super man underwear... of course they were OVER my tights.

DUH. superhero's don''t wear underwear on the inside.

I'll have to find it. LMAO.

yes- fun socks- hawt. rawr.

white socks. not hot.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    A couple guys I know use these:
    http://shop.myhousesportsgearonline.com/index.php/deadlift-sock.html

Others use soccer shin guards with socks.

I'm thinking of getting the actual dead lift sock. Up to this point I was using regular high gym socks but as my desds have gone up the regular socks aren't providing all that much protection.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Me, I just use regular knee socks, white or black. I'm not into any fancy ones but I've seen some pretty offbeat ones worn. tbh, the bar doesn't really do anything to my shins anymore. I don't think it touches.
  • sluggz
    Options
    lol I should post up my last picture from a gym workout- socks and all with super man underwear... of course they were OVER my tights.

DUH. superhero's don''t wear underwear on the inside.

I'll have to find it. LMAO.

yes- fun socks- hawt. rawr.

white socks. not hot.

you should definitely post that picture Jo!
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Soccer socks work
  • JoRocka
    Options
    you should definitely post that picture Jo!

has to find... think it's on photobucket- which I cannot accesshmmm wait.
    technology- I think i can google chat it to myself.
    stand by.

thank god for google chat

yes- I have "that" face on- but the other one wasn't as butt-tastic- so I'm giving you the more butttastic but you have to deal with said ridiculous face

get over it.
    20130922_190725_zps256a0d5e.jpg
  • sluggz
    Options
    definitely hot! (even with said duckface)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    yeah the other face is way better- i hate that I have that stupid duck face- I think I did it for a particular sarcastic reason... oh well.

socks. fabulous.

:D

and thank you. LMAO
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    Oh, yeah I'm afraid that's kinda silly looking lol

Oh, and duckface is both rediculous and hot. So, hate/don't hate on duckface lol