That Moment When...

Options
You find yourself crying in your closet because even your old go-to "baggy" clothes are too tight. That was me yesterday. Time to make a change. Who's with me?

Replies

• AprilMae1975
    Options
    Hey sweetie, I have been there!!! Last year around Christmas I actually had to go to Lane Bryant to get an outfit to wear to a Christmas party because nothing fit! I swore I would never buy plus size clothes but I had to.

Hang in there. The day will come when you get to fit back in those clothes then a day they will be so big you have to get new ones. I am at a point where most of mine are too big but I still have a lot to lose so I am heading to Savers this weekend.

I will send you a friend request :)
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Totally feeling your pain......went from size 6 to 16 in 18 months, and surprise! Nothing fits! :sad:
  • tsw420
    tsw420 Posts: 5
    Options
    It was a terrible feeling, but I think it was exactly what I needed to kickstart this weight loss thing! Thanks for adding me as a friend- I'll need all the support I can get!
  • ajacot924
    ajacot924 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had that feeling last week when I went to the OB and she told me that I need to wait three more months before trying to have a baby so that I can lose some weight. I have known for awhile that I needed to do it but I kept thinking, "I've got time." Well I have run out of time and it is time to get busy.
    We can do this!
  • portpaw
    portpaw Posts: 19
    Options
    I had lost a lot of weight last year and had thrown out some of my "fat" clothes. I gained most (but not all) back and now, as I switch back to last year's fall/winter clothes, not much fits. I decided I am not going to buy new clothes in bigger sizes, but just lose as fast as possible to get back into last year's clothes. Then, I will treat myself to a couple of new things.

I've re-lost 5 lbs so far, so I'm starting to be able to fit into last year's clothes again.
  • zzk0485
    zzk0485 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a harsh realization and moment to kick start weight loss. Try to look at the situation in a positive way. Good luck to you and your weight loss journey. Add me as a friend :) Maybe we can help each other!
  • AbFabKat
    AbFabKat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Been there! And it's the worst!

And I've truly enjoyed the opposite...CLOSET SHOPPING!!!!! The best feeling EVER!! I have so many lovely clothes that I'm about to fit back into, just another 10-15 lbs and I'll be there! Can't wait!
  • MissLady03
    MissLady03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have done that to myself so many times. It's actually embarrassing think about how often that happened without me doing anything about it. So, go you! for seeing the situation and wanting to make the change! Remember, beauty isn't measured in lbs. You are beautiful whether your baggy clothing fits or not. And you're even more beautiful for loving yourself enough to strive for mornings without tears. :wink:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Oh, that was me, yeah! I refused to buy new (I had stretchy things to wear, lol) while knowing that I had totally slacked on my exercise and wasn't ever checking my calories anymore.

Yay for new changes :) It's more fun to be going down than going up, even if it's hard!

Now I'm not about to bust out of my regular stuff, and I'm still motivated to get in my regular clothes that I wear when I'm paying attention to exercise and diet for a long while. Those are the fun clothes, lol.