Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello!

Hi everyone! My name is Michelle and I am 31 years old. I currently weight 307 lbs and i'm 5'5". Happily married, but no children yet. I've been trying to lose weight, on and off, pretty much all my life. Last time I was under 200 lbs was probably my freshman year in high school.

I have many reasons why I want to lose weight, but the most important ones are: to be healthy, to feel better about myself and to have a baby. Hubby and I have been TTC for about 5 years now, with no success (although we do have 3 furry babies) :) I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS. Doc says I haven't been able to have a baby because of my weight and the PCOS. PCOS makes it difficult for me to lose weight as well. I DON'T want to be skinny. My goal weight used to be 150. That's unrealistic. If I ever get there, I would be very happy. However, I've realized that I was happy and healthy at around 215. So that is my first goal. I hope to one day be able to get under 200 lbs. Hubby is very supportive. He loves me for who I am. Works out with me and keeps me going.

I joined a small local gym at the beginning of September, committed to working out 4-5 x's a week and lost 5 lbs in a month. But the scale hasn't moved in the last 2 weeks. Very frustrating. Sometimes I feel like I am working out for nothing. Given up a lot of junk food and fast food, which was my main problem. I'm not gonna lie, I still have fast food or desert once in a while. But its no longer an almost-every day thing. I was suggested I join myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and to find support and motivation, so here I am. Hoping this helps. :)

Replies

• HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Hi Michelle and welcome to myfitnesspal. Best wishes on your journey. Take it one day at a time. Fall off the wagon..... don't beat yourself up about it and just get back up and keep on moving forward. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. 32 happily married with 2 children
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Michelle_MyBelle Posts: 56 Member
    Thank you! I sent you a friend request. And congrats on the 15 lbs lost! :)
  • Hello everyone looking for ssome extra motivation.
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Hi Michelle. I just joined myfitnesspal today. I want you to know that you are not alone. I've been starving myself and working out at the gym for the last 2 weeks out of the fear that I have a doctor appointment next Monday and I'm sick of him telling me to lose weight. I too hope that by tracking everything it will motivate me. I am so tired of looking around a restaurant, business, meeting, party or wherever and being the biggest person in the room. I'm a 43 year old single dad of a 20 year old who weighs 100 pounds. Oh to be young again!!
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Hi! I hate that feeling of knowing you are the biggest person in the room. Feels like all eyes are on you. It sucks! Good luck on your appointment!
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Welcome Michelle! I'm glad you came to join us from Craigslist and I'm here to help you along. I think your first goal is a very good one. Remember its easier to set small goals and achieve them than to set large ones and struggle or fail or get discouraged. I accepted your add and look forward to watching you progress toward your goal of weight loss and a family!
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Thanks Kimberly! And thank you for sending me this website! :)
  • Helsbels84
    Helsbels84 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, third time on here and hoping thirds a charm!! I know i need to stick with it and not lose motivation if i have a blip. Thought posting on the message boards may help me keep going!! My aim is to lose a stone by Christmas and then set another goal... Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey :flowerforyou:
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Good luck to you too, @helsbels84! :)