Comparing kettlebells and dumbbells

Options
2»

Replies

• lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You know that kettlebells are a legs thing, right? Not like dumbbells.

KBs are an all over body thing not just a leg thing!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I do swings with dumbbells.

I think you mean, be wary of doing cardio or conditioning with weights, as there is a temptation to continue with bad form as we associate cardio with exhaustion, but we associate strict weight training with correct form.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I said it but Iron Smasher put it better in less words; thanks.

and thank you MyChocolateDiet - I thought it was worth posting exactly what NOT to do with a KB or any workout as there will be people who can learn from others' mistakes and egos or peer pressure getting in the way of sensibly meeting a challenge.

Yes, Lupercalia, it was the Dan John workout with the 50 swings last set in the cluster. If I had stayed within my limits of say 30 swings, I would have kept good form. Just a minor strain thanks; painful but healing fast.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hey- the more you know!!!

Maybe next time- do 2 x 25. no harm no foul.

There is no workout police- and it gives you a chance to finish the set work out- without murdering your self. I did 100 one time- with a 50 lb KB.

I kind of thought I was going to die. The goal was to finish them... didn't matter how long or how many 'sets' just to finish them. So I did- I think I got to 25.. then broke it down into sets of 10 or 15. it was rough. LOL

obviously lesson learned- but- next step- RICE... and back on the road to recovery!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You know that kettlebells are a legs thing, right? Not like dumbbells.

KBs are an all over body thing not just a leg thing!

i retalked about this already- i should have phrased it as - you know kettlebells arent just arms and back right? the swing comes for your legs and 8u3yhntik8uw3tvbh35mt6cvkljw4k,c3tio;hkljnsfm,crtunkwev4n t information i dont feel like explaining 10 godzillion times.

you know the info, and they admitted they know the info and i know the info - so its a nonissue.

thanks
This discussion has been closed.