If you have one bad day does it erase all your good days?

Options
2»

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Even if it did, it'd still be better to have got rid of good work, than to add it to a whole load of bad work!
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is, I had kind of a bad friday last week. I was afraid to log it but then I went back, logged it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Over target but not the complete destruction I anticipated.

I've found that bad days have never actually affected me as long as I was diligent the vast majority of the time. I think sometimes I become so habitual (in a GOOD way) it feels crazy when I actually do slip....
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Always the perfect ones having issues lol. If only that one day wouldn't damage the chunky ones lol,you will be fine just go back to focus. I know how stress does a person as I just quit working 2 jobs bc of that. It does make it hard but your a figther...look at that waist.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No. Just have a better day tomorrow. Move forward.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is log it anyway.

On 16th September I had a 1,973 calorie surplus. On 28th September I had a 1,896 calorie surplus. Sure my Bod Pod results last week weren't excellent, but despite all the bad days and my calories being all over the place I still made progress.

By logging everything and looking back I know that if a bad day happens, it just means it will take a bit longer to reach my goal.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Most likely not.

It depends how "good" your good days were and how "bad" your bad day was.

Let's pretend that over a series of good days you had created a total deficit of 2000 calories. Good. Then in one day you ate 2000 calories over maintenance. That would cancel it out. Chances are your good days more than made up for your bad day, though.

Keep at it. Progress isn't linear; you're going to have ups and downs.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I have a similar question/scenario:

I had lost 4 lbs (over about 14 days) before going to a concert with some friends. I did some working out in the morning because I knew it was going to be a rough night. I ended up going over my calorie max by 1138 calories. The next day, I was back at my starting weight- up 4 lbs. It took another 7 days to get rid of those 4 lbs (I did it by slightly under-eating for that next week until it balanced out those 1138 calories.

Main question: does it really make sense that I'd gain 4 lbs from an extra 1138 calories?

No, it's a combination of water weight and actual food weight you consumed.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday. I gained back all 65 pounds I lost, and my muscle I have been building turned to fat or worse, evaporated. Wat do?
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that bad. I just think of it like: one bad day won't make you gain weight, just like one good day won't make you lose weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Once in a while won't kill you as long as it doesn't happen too often, then yeah, it would erase your good days.

I totally disagree that one day won't make you gain weight, just like one good day won't make you lose weight though. It's much easier to gain weight than lose it...