Best apps that integrate withMFP?

Options
What are the recs?? I'm new and use Nike, but it does integrate with MFP. Any suggestions? Thank you.....

Replies

• HJJ1965
    HJJ1965 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fitbit. Everything is automatically integrated into MFP.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Fitbit. Everything is automatically integrated into MFP.

Can we get an example of how it syncs up? I'm curious about syncing mine vs throwing off my numbers.
  • vicelike
    vicelike Posts: 22
    Options
    I think Fitbit monitors your activity level ( Walking Running ) and adds up the steps and Calories. When there is a period of time when you are cycling or swimming, you need to measure using HRM or use standard calorie counts for that activity/intensity/time mix.

It is important that you accurately record the exact times of day that you do these other exercises when you log them because Fitbit substitutes your value as logged for the values that it measured during those periods.

This is the way I believe the program logic works but I really don't know that for sure.
  • HJJ1965
    Options
    What I did was to go to apps in MFP settings, and clicked on Fitbit then Fitbit Aria smart scales apps (separately), and then clicked on connect. Then I had to click on allow, and entered my Fitbit email and password ( not my MFP email or password). After that it was all effortless. Now when I enter food intake and/or exercise records the details are automatically synced to the other account too. It doesn't matter if I enter them first in Fitbit or MFP, it all syncs anyway. Hope I explained this ok.
  • HJJ1965
    Options
    And yes, I agree, time labelling is important when entering data as simple things such as the bumps whilst driving can be misinterpreted as steps, so if you have driven for a certain part of the day then you should manually enter that as driving so that Fitbit can discount it and your step count more accurate.
  • keylo1977
    keylo1977 Posts: 3
    Options
    Great info. Thanks. So is FitBit better than RunKeeper? Trying to decide now between those two I guess. I've been using Nike Running to record runs. I'm starting to input calories,etc now.....
  • losindood
    losindood Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Endomondo also syncs nicely. It will track running, walking, cycling, etc.
  • HJJ1965
    Options
    I've tried both, and for me Fitbit def has the edge. I never go anywhere without my Fitbit One, and it's so discreet when it's attached to my clothes I sometimes forget to take it off when I put them in the wash! I haven't washed it yet though!:drinker:
  • thochhalter
    Options
    Will the fitbit track calories burned when I am doing an aerobic class? Or just walking/running?
  • TaxPrepLiz
    TaxPrepLiz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great info. Thanks. So is FitBit better than RunKeeper? Trying to decide now between those two I guess. I've been using Nike Running to record runs. I'm starting to input calories,etc now.....

I actually use both. Fitbit to track steps/calories and RunKeeper to track time/distance. Runkeeper will sync with Fitbit which will sync to MFP so you only need to active Runkeeper when you start your run. Everything else is on auto sync.
  • TaxPrepLiz
    TaxPrepLiz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Will the fitbit track calories burned when I am doing an aerobic class? Or just walking/running?

If your aerobic class has a lot of stepping or moving of the arms, it will definitely keep track. If you did something like yoga (for example), you would need to log that into MPF or the Fitbit website to get the calorie burn. But I try not eat back all my exercise calories, only about 50%.