Any 5'6" ladies with a 5-20 lb weight loss?

I'm 5'6" and about 125 lbs, and I'm wondering how much of a difference losing 10 lbs will make.

Replies

• PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    If you're 5'6", it would be a terrible idea to lose 10lbs.
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member

This. You sound like you are thin already with that height and weight. I opened this thread cuz i am in that category, but I am definitely nowhere near 125.

If you are unhappy with the way you look, it could be a toning issue and not necessarily a weight loss issue. You should try some low intensity weight training, and see if that helps you look more fit. Circuit Training, Booty Barre, and Pilates are all great low-intensity weight training solutions.

Good Luck with your goals
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member

This. You sound like you are thin already with that height and weight. I opened this thread cuz i am in that category, but I am definitely nowhere near 125.

If you are unhappy with the way you look, it could be a toning issue and not necessarily a weight loss issue. You should try some low intensity weight training, and see if that helps you look more fit. Circuit Training, Booty Barre, and Pilates are all great low-intensity weight training solutions.

Good Luck with your goals

Exactly this! I also opened it because I'm in that category.. I'm 5'6" with 13lbs to lose (Currently 143lbs)
    But I agree, I'd say you've got to worry more about toning if you're unhappy.
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    I'm 5'6" and I've lost 17lbs which has made a massive difference but I started at 151lbs, you really don't sound like you need to lose any weight!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I'm 5'6" and about 125 lbs, and I'm wondering how much of a difference losing 10 lbs will make.
    I'm 5'6". I weigh around 135. 125 would be the LOWEST I'd ever like to be.

Consider adding some muscle?
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    I'm 5'6" and when I visited my doctor at 134 lbs, she told me not to lose any more weight. It wouldn't be safe. If you want to change how you look, you can lift weights, but please be safe and strong! :)
  • greeneyedlady02
    greeneyedlady02 Posts: 15 Member
    At your height and weight I wouldn't focus on the numbers so much. Try doing a workout like the 30 day shred, not for weight loss per se, but more for body re-composition (if you want to change how you look). That program is a good starter program and you will see fast results (especially at your height and weight). You will get hungry, just eat healthy and add a protein shake in on your workout day.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I am 5'5" and 62kg (136lb). I'm pretty much at my goal, but I could probably lose about another 4.5 kilos (10lb) if I wanted to and still be ok, but that would be fairly small for me.

I guess it depends on your frame and your fat mass.

Perhaps concentrating on BF% rather than weight might be the way to go?
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    I'm 5'6 and 130lbs. 125 is my goal weight. Before I had my two children I was 118 and a size 6/8 in jeans.

Why do you feel like you need to shed 10 pounds?
  • I'm a muscular 5"6 with a goal weight of 140. I'm aiming for being lean with a low body fat % so I'm not so much worrying about what my # is as long as my body fat continues to go down! Maybe see what your body fat% is and then start strength training- I personally think a little heavier weight # with some toned muscle mass is way more attractive then skinny and not 'fit'. That's just my opinion :)

*I am currently 160lbs*
  • k8tj
    k8tj Posts: 5
    this depresseed me! I'm 5'6" and my target is 154 lb's currently weigh 190 - lost 12 so far

maybe i should reduce my target weight further?
  • I’m 5’7 and my initial goal weight was 150 but after reading the boards and looking at a healthy BMI, I am thinking 140-145 would be better. Also I am thinking it would be nice to have a better cushion per say if I gain 5lbs I’d still be healthy. I can’t even fathom getting lower than 140.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    I'm 5'6, 118, and am not unhealthy and do not look at all under weight. 115 is my goal weight, but I've basically given up on that and am maintaining. If you're unhappy with the way you look, try eating at a very slight deficit and strength training. You'll lose weight very slowly, but maintain more LBM. This will give you the tight, "toned" look you're probably looking for.
  • nmprovo
    nmprovo Posts: 30 Member
    I am 5'6 1/2, I started at 175, am currently 150 and have a goal weight of 130. I really don't think I would look very good less than that. Honestly I think 130 is going to be very thin on me... At your weight, I would definitely just start focusing on toning!

On another note, I am looking for some friends with similar stats that would like to motivate each other :) Feel free to add me! I am just now starting up again after getting off track for awhile.
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    this depresseed me! I'm 5'6" and my target is 154 lb's currently weigh 190 - lost 12 so far

maybe i should reduce my target weight further?

NO WAY...
    This is your goal, no one elses.
    If you get to your goal weight and feel like you want to lose more thennnn you can do that.
    But until then you do what your goal is and do not worry about others goals :)

Keep up the great work!
  • Hi love!

So about 2 months ago I was 128lbs. I'm also 5'6". Now I am 120lbs. In my opinion it all depends on your bone structure & body type.. When I was 128lbs it looked like alot more than just 8lbs. I feel like it's because my body stores all of its excess cals in my thighs & my hips. The progress picture on my profile should give you a little insight!

P.S. I know I might look a bit underweight! I have a healthy BMI of 19-20 being 5'6" and 120lbs. I don't want no evil little comments. I LOVE cardio. I'm working on lifting, toning and gettin some muscle mass on me!! Just thought I would share this photo with you to show the 5-20lb weight loss for a female that is 5'6" you were wondering about :) x
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    I'm 5'6". I started at 170lb and 125lb would be my ultimate goal weight but I'd be happy to get back to 130lb.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!