What are some dinner ideas for 400 cals or under?

Options
I only have 484 cals left for the day and want to eat dinner and a snack. I plan on eating a piece of fruit for a snack so that should be fine. I am over on sodium so I need something with virtually no sodium. I would love ideas of what I could make. I am thinking a grilled chicken salad is probably my best bet but would appreciate other ideas.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Precious_Nissa
    Options
    cranberry chicken....one serving is 200 calories and you can add veggies and still be under.....easy and awesome meal...you dont taste the cranberry if you are not a cranberry fan
  • atotal180
    Options
    Can of tuna or salmon on mixed greens with 4 tablespoons of fat free dressing.
    Grilled chicken and 2/3rds of a cup of quinoa or wild rice.
    Greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup of nuts.
    Greek yogurt mixed with 1 cup of oatmeal.

Those are just some ideas off the top of my head.
  • sbusarah
    sbusarah Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    cranberry chicken....one serving is 200 calories and you can add veggies and still be under.....easy and awesome meal...you dont taste the cranberry if you are not a cranberry fan

thanks for sharing! i won't be able to do that tonight as i don't have cranberries, but would love to know how to fix it for the future....
  • sammieee79
    Options
    no salt added black beans(just microwave) , any veggies you want, and a couple corn tortillas or a bigger whole wheat tortilla should fall in at about300 cals and depending on brands of ingredients about 200 in sodium. also high in protein and fiber! super easy and super yummy!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    no salt added black beans(just microwave) , any veggies you want, and a couple corn tortillas or a bigger whole wheat tortilla should fall in at about300 cals and depending on brands of ingredients about 200 in sodium. also high in protein and fiber! super easy and super yummy!
    Perfect!! Corn tortillas would be better...I know a wrap sized flour tortilla has 180 cals :noway: ! I also prefer the taste of corn over flour, especially with beans. Add some salsa too for some spice and flavor (just check the sodium).
  • sbusarah
    Options
    thanks for the help everyone!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    What ingredients do you have available?

Here's what I'm making:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 large breasts)
    1 tablespoon paprika
    2/3 tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons lime juice (or squeeze 1/2 to 1 lime)
    2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
    Pound chicken to tenderize.
    In a small bowl, combine paprika, brown sugar, black pepper, lime juice, olive oil. Mix until smooth.
    Coat chicken breasts with paprika mixture, place in baking dish.
    Bake 30-40 minutes or until at least 170 degrees internal temperature.

Nutritional info (per serving):
    Calories: 221
    Fat: 4
    Protein: 32
    Fiber: 1
    Sodium: 65
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is a fish eater. But if you are, baked cod or any kind of fish baked in the oven, served with rice or quinoa and steamed veggies is always a low cal meal. Followed up with fruit for desert like fresh or canned fruit in its own juice.
  • michelearnold
    Options
    Progresso makes a Light Beef Pot Roast soup that is very good....the whole can is only 160 calories and you can always pair it with a tuna fish sandwich on Healthy Life Bread...which has only 35 calories per slice of the white. You could also do a grilled cheese sandwich for about 120 calories....70 calories for the bread (Healthy Life) and sargento light cheese is 50 calories per slice....use the I can't believe it's not butter spray for the butter to grill with....it has 0 calories.
  • sbusarah
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I am going to make some quinoa, chicken, and saute peppers, tomatoes, and onions to go with it.