Color run

Options
I am running (at least I hope to run the whole thing) my first 5k this weekend. It's the color me rad run and I will have colored cornstarch thrown at me throughout the route.

Think there is any way I can use my iphone to have music or will that be bad? Thought about putting it in a sandwich bad and using my armband but not sure what the effect would be on the earbuds.

If it is possible...help me out with some good tunes! I can currently run 28 min without stopping (almost done with couch to 5k) and think some super awesome music will help me finish.

Replies

• snsmyth
    snsmyth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When we did the Colour Me Rad, two of the colour stations were wet stations. Coloured water is sprayed on you, so make sure your phone is not going to get wet.
  • sandeerah
    Options
    I did Color Run here in our city 3 weeks ago. It looks like a very similar thing to Color Me Rad. I had a waterproof camera, but everyone else who took their phones had them in Ziplock bags.
    Yup 2 of the color stations were spraying coloured water.
    We had 6000 people in our Color Run, so it wasn't really a huge race or anything, unless you are really lucky to be able to leave the starting line first up. It was kind of more like a run/jog/dodge and weave Run. It was really fun though. How many do you expect in your run?
    Just go and colour it up, don't worry about having music.
    Have fun.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll need music, it's pretty laid back and many will be walking. It's more for fun and not a serious race.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I used my phone and ear buds for a color me Rad, there were no problems with either. My white earbuds are stained bright pink now but both work just fine, as does my car key which was in my bra and ended up colored as well. My phone was dusty with color but that's it.

I should also say my body media fit was fine too. My phone was in a pocket as it always is when I run. My color me rad was pretty much not straight running, lots of little kids and things but it is still fun, if you are doing it alone (like I did) the music was nice, in a group you wouldn't need it.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I did color me rad in June in Philadelphia and I still have the dye in my hrm watch, also my camera strap in still discolored, wet stations are a given and also the dry stations, my kids took their iphones but had them Ziploc bagged and just used them to take pictures. It was tons of fun. I would go buy a cheap pair of headphones if you are gonna take your own music.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I am running (at least I hope to run the whole thing) my first 5k this weekend. It's the color me rad run and I will have colored cornstarch thrown at me throughout the route.

Think there is any way I can use my iphone to have music or will that be bad? Thought about putting it in a sandwich bad and using my armband but not sure what the effect would be on the earbuds.

If it is possible...help me out with some good tunes! I can currently run 28 min without stopping (almost done with couch to 5k) and think some super awesome music will help me finish.

I wouldn't chance it.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've done Color Me Rad twice -- like the others I can concur, you will get wet and the dust gets on everything -- unless you avoid the color, but then what is the point of a color run??? You will sweat and the sweat makes the color stick even more to anything you are holding. I did not run with music because I did not want to risk my iPhone. My course had music here and there, but mostly just enjoy the day and the exercise! Have fun!!!

A ziploc bag/cheap sports band/cheap headphones might be an idea if you absolutely have to have music. I used plastic wrap last year and it worked okay, but it would not be easy to hold

Edit: I used the plastic wrap for protecting my phone while it was carried in a bag. Only took it out for taking pictures. Take lots of pictures :D