Has anyone tried Hypoxi?

Options
2»

Replies

• courtneylc89
    Options
    I know of someone here in Australia who's done it and been happy with the results. She's also very knowledgeable on health and fitness and weight maintenance. However, even with her recommendation, I can't quite bring myself to part with the money.

Thanks for that, a friend of mine has done it and had amazing results so was interested to see if anyone else had.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    funny I thought MFP was for support and general motivation. Seems I was mistaken as 90% of the responses to my question were not helpful and more judgemental. If you don't have anything helpful to say why respond at all

umm you asked for an opinion on Hypoxi..some of us looked it up and checked their site and are telling you to save your money..

why not just eat in a calorie deficit + work out more ...? Why do you need some fancy, shmancy, expensive new age program that claims you can spot reduce fat? Any program that says you can spot reduce is bogus...fat chooses where it comes off and when it comes off, not from where you want it to come off from...
  • courtneylc89
    Options
    funny I thought MFP was for support and general motivation. Seems I was mistaken as 90% of the responses to my question were not helpful and more judgemental. If you don't have anything helpful to say why respond at all

umm you asked for an opinion on Hypoxi..some of us looked it up and checked their site and are telling you to save your money..

why not just eat in a calorie deficit + work out more ...? Why do you need some fancy, shmancy, expensive new age program that claims you can spot reduce fat? Any program that says you can spot reduce is bogus...fat chooses where it comes off and when it comes off, not from where you want it to come off from...

I actually asked if anyone had success with it not for opinions. I do eat a calorie deficit and do boot camp 4 times a week. The idea behind the hypoxi is to even my skin tone and reduce cellulite and improve circulation as an added extra to everything I am already doing.

Appreciate people trying to help out and save me money was just curious if anyone had tried it before is all
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Only ever had success with eating less and exercising more.

No magic!
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The person I was referring to has managed to lose weight and gain strength and fitness the old fashioned way, but she used Hypoxi to tighten up. She seemed to think it really made a difference, even though she had done damn well on her own. However, I looked into it, and decided it just wasn't worth it for the cost. I believe it might work, but with very minimal changes to your body.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Just as legit as prancercizing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options

MFP is also stocked clear full of people who have tried very wide arranges of things and have developed through actual experience that some things just don't work. Most of them are EDUCATED opinionated people who have learned that some things are just a waste of money.
    I don't know much about Hypoxi but I know about a lot of the things that came out before it, that claimed to do a lot of the same things. I will give you two guesses why none of them are around anymore.
    In the end, you are going to make your own decision and do whatever you want regardless of what anyone here says. If you have the money to play with, enjoy! And, by all means, please let us know how it goes.
    I apologize if you feel that our way of telling you, it IS going to disappoint you, offended you.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hypoxi is an Austrian company and isn't very popular in German speaking countries either. Just a FYI.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It is not a magic pill or plastic surgery. It is a type of exercise program that is designed to reduce cellulite, promote weight loss and improve blood circulation. It is based around cycling and alternating pressures. Not very common in America.

pressures in/of what?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

hahahaha.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6QXg07oGkY

bahahahahaha I just watched the video and this had me in tears wow...

their "system" is just a chick on bike with different angles because this "focuses" the training on where the fat is stored...the one bike looks like a toilet with wheels on it...

and then they say something about negative/positive skin training in their whatever machine..

OP stay FAR away from this...

that video was just an excuse to show a fully naked metal woman.
  • WhyDelilah79
    WhyDelilah79 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been offered a free go of this at my gym and haven't been able to bring myself to do it. It looks like rubbish, but as they are offering a free go I might try it one day.