How much have you changed your eating habits?

Options
2»

Replies

• size3again
    size3again Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My eating habits have changed a lot!!!! I don't snack as much and I don't eat the food that are loaded with calories and fat because I have to put them down and I'm not cheating myself. And let’s not forget the main reason why I gained my weight PORTION, PORTION, PORTION!!!! I am doing a lot better with my portions, but it still hurts cus if it good food it hard to say no!!!!! The truth is I have been living on chicken (which I love) tuna, and eggs. I know a lot of protein... I work out a lot... I want to change it up so I'm looking for low calorie food cus you can only eat this for so long!!!!! (I have been doing this for 3 wks now) The good thing about me is I don't crave sweets: D I don't do organic cus will I just don't have the $$$ for it....
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Now I grab six plain m&m's a night and savor each one in my mouth and it keeps my chocolate craving at bay.

This is amazing...I couldn't do it...I would grab 6 m&ms....they'd be gone...and I would be staring holes into the bag trying to use jedi powers to make the other m&m's float into my mouth. lol
  • babygirlrere
    Options
    i weighed 281 pounds in jan 2010 and now i weigh 247.5 lbs i use to write everything down before i found this site and it was hectic i started with eating more often instead of alot of food at one time like i was use to.
    * i had to eat breakfast within 30 min of wakin up
    * had to have a snack within 100 to 200 cal within three hours after eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner
    *had to eat lunch
    *had to eat dinner
    switched from sugar to splenda, switched from white bread to 100% wheat bread, switched from regular eggs to egg beaters, switched from fried foods to broiled and baked and from regular soda to diet made with splenda, switched from whole milk to fat free milk. i had to add exercise and at least 12 (eight ounce glasses of water a day which includes the soups and sodas, i eat alot of chicken breast and fish and vegetables now. i also had to journal everything that went in my mouth i was so glad i ran across this site it makes up for alot of time.......and has great mfp friends who support each other....my eating habits have truly changed since jan 2010 and now its begining to be more my normal eating habits.i still have my days but all in all its worth it seeing the weight come offfff...... good luck on your journey to reaching your weight loss goals.........
  • SaveTheDrama
    Options
    All I did was start making healthier versions of my favorite dishes, I ate smaller portions when we went out to eat, and I started eating more frequently( I always had a problem eating enough because I have a history of stomach ulcers and other digestive problems). I stopped eating red meat, not by choice, I found it to be a trigger for my stomach issues. I still enjoy all the foods some people say are unhealthy, but it works for me and I am happy and satisfied.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    No pop (soda for those who are not from the Midwest). Pop is evil, high fructose corn syrup will kill you. Even old fashioned sugar pop isn't that good.

Big limit on the fast food. I didn't cut it out completely. There are times when I'm out and my glucose level plummets and I need some protein. I eat something from fast food once every 2 or so weeks so far.

Limit starches. less pasta and breads. I actually like wheat bread and pasta more than white.

Eat more fruits.

Eat more vegetables, well the vegetables that I can eat, I'm allergic to a few.

lean cuts of meat (I mostly eat red meat, because my partner is allergic to chicken).

No cow dairy. I'm allergic to it, but used to eat it in abundance in the past.

Limit snacking. If i need to eat, eat an apple, pear, nectarine or a granola bar.

I don't eat candy, but I love sweet things like muffins and pastries. I've traded those in for celery and hummus.

Limit calories. I jump around from 800-1400 a day to vary things.

Besides limiting calories, I plan to be on this for the rest of my life.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    oops, sorry for the double post.
  • katmil
    katmil Posts: 31
    Options
    I always thought that I'd find it realy difficult to lose weight due to the fact that I used eat what I wanted, had no self control and had no motivation what so ever!" Then along came MFP and I'm so proud of how I've managed to maintain my healthy eating for 5 weeks! I used to fry bacon, and eat 2 bacon rolls. Now I grill bacon (rindless only!) and have 1 sandwich. I no longer drink any non-diet soda (I rarely drink diet Coke either to be honest!), I've completely cur down on cheese (have only low fat slices). Cheese was a staple food for me before, and I've stopped missing it now! And I eat a salad with most meals. Nothing drastic, just lots of small changes! Oh, and I've discovered that I enjoy exercise too :)