WTH is extra money?
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    My mortgage.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    After the house payments and other boring bills go out, I spend the rest of my money on chuck taylors, crappy but tasty food, and clothes.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    work out clothes, sports bras, sneakers ... etc but I always wear a cheap grey tank. lol Going to spend $$ on smaller jeans today.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Usually something fun for or with my boys.

But a mani/pedi, some clothes, yada yada. I am big on skincare and try different things too! :)
  • katy_jean_hall
    Options
    new clothes
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Booze and cigars.... maybe I need to health that up a tad
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It used to be on my horse but I've really cut back on that. I have all the basic tack I need and stopped showing for the time being, so I don't really need/want anything at the moment, though I might have a chiro look at her soon. I moved her from indoor board to outdoor too, and switched to a cheaper farrier so that saves me $160/mo off what I was spending on her (which was an obscene amount).

We've taken quite a few trips lately. Cut back on that too. I managed to pay for my half of our trip to Chicago all through tip money from work. Now our next trip won't be til our wedding. I guess all my extra money is going to this wedding for the time being. Also want to buy a house asap. Also in school. So yes, what is this extra money you speak of? I do have a large chunk of money from selling my truck that I should probably invest.

So lately my little treats have been fitness related. I just finally ordered a HRM and am feeling the call to build on my collection of workout clothes.

I would like to say I collect camera accessories but the lenses and such are way too steep to splurge on with any regularity. I bought my first "real" lens and tripod last summer and haven't gotten anything else and probably won't for quite a while.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    extra money? what's that? If we had it, it'd either go on bills or food. Then clothes. Then kids.

^^ This
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    All my spare money is going into decorating my house at the moment.

And when it's all done, i'm sure i'll just start all over again.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I'm a natural born planner and my husband is an accountant so together we have a pretty awesome budget. Everything is allocated to be put towards something (it's already spreadsheet spent so we can't spend it on junk)... The main place our money goes is to the kids college fund, our retirement fund and a new house fund. Our budget has helped us not have as many stresses as one normally would.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My fiancé & I live on our small incomes pretty comfortably with zero debt. But we don't save as much as we should. We save a bit, but we also like to "live" hehe.

Most of our "extra" goes to dining out (we live near 3 awesome Thai restaurants and 2 great Mexican places, can't resist that all of the time!)...and road trips. We normally go out of town to museums, festivals, visiting friends, etc, about once a month and sometimes more often. This week we're embarking on our biggest road trip yet...to Colorado to get married!

Clothes & accessories are also kind of a "hobby" for me but I buy most of my clothes secondhand and get accessories on Amazon with gift certificates from doing online surveys ;-)
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Books and going to the movies.
  • stickytapir
    Options
    I usually spend it on handmade jewellery or handmade perfume oils/bath'n'body stuff. Gotta smell good for all those hours of rank sweating during the week :wink: Also every so often, I'll spend on some games from Steam.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Nothing. A magical fairy comes and takes it away from me when I'm sleeping. It's true, because I have nothing to show at the end of the month.
  • jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    gin, to forget that I spent it on bills, my child and put the rest into saving, being a grown up is boring! oh and bacon, we always have money for bacon
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Not too much extra money at the moment but if I do, I usually treat the kids to something, buy something to decorate my apartment with or clothes.