Do you use your phone to help achieve fitness goals?

Options
13»

Replies

• belliott919
    belliott919 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This thread is great! I had not heard of some of these apps!
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    MFP (obviously)
    And the upgraded Runtastic app. This is a great app and is the reason my running has been successful.
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    Currently on my android phone l have the following fitness apps:

Runtastic Pedometer Pro
    Jefit Pro
    Runtastic six pack
    Runtastic push up pro
    MFP
    Runtastic Pro
    Runtastic Mountain bike
    c25k
    Bodybuilding.com

If you download APPOFTHEDAY sometimes the runtastic pro apps are offered free
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I like using Run Keeper which is a free app on my iphone.
    I use it to track my walking and set myself targets during my lunch break.
    I have found the calorie count is pretty spot on compared to my Polar HRM.

Good luck and enjoy using your new phone :flowerforyou:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Whether you have an iPhone or an Android, the MFP app works pretty well. You'll like the bar code reader for logging too. You can read the blogs and forums with your web browser, not with the app.

I have tried a lot of run apps and I have an expensive Garmin. That said, the free Endomondo app with a $65 Wahoo heart rate monitor is an awesome combination for running. Endomondo is cool even without the HRM, but I really like it. On Android it also syncs with your playlist. On iPhone you can still listen to music while Endomondo is running.

I also have a FitBit which has a great app. It's around $100 but it's great for tracking activity when you don't have a daily routine.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have a Zack Morris phone which I use for curls.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I use MFP, of course. :bigsmile:

For running I use:
    Nike+
    Runkeeper (also for tracking walking, hiking and other activities)
    Zombies, Run!
    c25KFREE (when I was first starting out)

For workouts at home I use Nike Training Club - free app full of awesome workouts, and I use my dumbbells and kettlebell with that app three times a week.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Zombies Run!!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I use cardio trainer for my android phone to track my runs/walk..miles, est calories, and it has my music integrated so everything in one app. :)
  • grammagie
    grammagie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was so disappointed to realize I can no longer use mfp on my Blackberry. I have the new version, and this app isn't possible:( So I use the computer only now for it!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have the MFP app, but I usually track on my Kindle or computer. I used to log calories on Noom, which is very educational in the beginning, but I didn't like the logging aspect of it. I still use Noom as a pedometer, but I need to find a new app that can measure calories burned when I walk, so I'm going to browse through some of the ones mentioned. I also Fig, a healthy lifestyle app, to get daily reminders to stay on track!
  • wkile76
    wkile76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would be lost without my iPhone at the gym! I currently have:

- iBikeer
    - MFP
    - Couch to 5k
    - Nike+ ipod
    - Nike Running
    - Runtastic Pro
    - Gain fitness (this is my FAVORITE) It's like a personal trainer is there with me.....I have just finished my first 5 wk plan and I can tell/feel a difference.