has anyone lost 4/5 stone?

Options
Just wondering have many of you lost between 4 and 5 stone as this is my goal?
Would love to hear how you done it and the time scale?
and how are you finding maintaining?

Thanks, Mairead x

Replies

• samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi Mairead,
    That's my goal somewhere between 4 & 5 stone.
    Started at 15.4 aiming for 10.7.
    Start date 01.08.2013 lost almost 2 stone to date.
    It has been full on commitment so far with exercise not really watching my diet just yet.
    Here's what i have being doing:

Weekly month 1
    3 X 45 minute Aqua aerobics
    1 X 60 minute Pilates

Weekly month 2
    1 X 60 minute Pilates
    1 X 30 minute treadmill 5.5km per hour
    1 X 30 minute weight machines (3 set 15 reps 25lbs)
    5 X 25 minute 30 DS shred

Weekly month 3
    1 X 60 minute Pilates
    2 X 30 minute treadmill 5.5km per hour
    2 X 30 minute weight machines (3 set 15 reps 25lbs)
    5 X 25 minute 30 DS shred ( first 2 weeks)
    4 X 30 minute 6wk6pack (second 2 weeks)
  • maireadikins
    maireadikins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2 stone is great in only a matter of months! Well done, you must be proud.
    I am focusing on my eating first I think as I am doing 50hours weeks at work, so I don't have to much time to dedicate to exercise. Going to try & walk/jog a few times a week, before I be brave enough to rejoin the gym!
    I lost 3 stone last year through exercising like mad!! But I have gained that all back as I didn't learn how to eat properly! arghhh.

You have the same goal weight and start weight as me though :)
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Trans-atlantic translation: 56-70lbs

Yeesh...that's what I'm looking to loose! It sounds a lot kinder in lbs than in stones and lbs for some reason!

Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i lost 7
  • maireadikins
    Options
    i lost 7

That's incredible!! Well done! Can I ask how long that took you?
  • maireadikins
    Options
    Trans-atlantic translation: 56-70lbs

Yeesh...that's what I'm looking to loose! It sounds a lot kinder in lbs than in stones and lbs for some reason!

Good luck!

Lol! Yeh I guess it does, I can never work it out in lbs though!

Thanks you to, I hope we get there!!!
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    14 pounds = 1 stone. 2.2 pounds = 1 KG.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Mairead,

I am working 3 jobs, 2 of which involve up to 5 hours travel per day. Then i have 2 children's homework and meals to sort out.
    I had to stop making excuses, and just get off my butt, so nightly between 9pm and 11pm is mammy time.

Eating reasonably healthy as i spend a day per week making home-made soups, sauces, and quick dinners that i will have to hand for the following week.

Best advice i can give you is make changes that you can sustain for the long term. We still have the odd take away, popcorn on movie night, chocolate and biscuits. I love home baking so there is always brown soda bread, apple pies and buns in the house.
    I just do not each as much as i did in the past.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've lost 4 stone.

The first three dropped off in about a year and since then it has been slowing down and each pound is harder to shift. I'm at 136lbs and got about another stone to go. I've been on MFP for 2.5 years.

The trick with losing a large amount of weight is finding something you can stick to and stay enthusiastic about. It is going to take you a long time so you have to commit to the long term and not expect quick results.

For me it went a bit like this
    stage 1 - sign up to MFP and add loads of friends
    stage 2 - reduce intake dramatically to create calorie deficit. For me, I'm short and small built so I went for the recommended 1200 cals per day.
    stage 3 - learn to love exercise and incorporate it into your daily routine.
    stage 4 - learn how to maintain at a healthy weight without having to worry about ever morsel of food I eat
    stage 5 - demolish that last stone (this is where I am now)
    stage 6 - maintain at goal weight
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've managed to maintain at 136lbs easily. No risk of putting on weight. But very hard to lose the last stone.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i lost 7

That's incredible!! Well done! Can I ask how long that took you?

since 2010
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I've lost 74 lbs. It took me 18 months.

How did I do it? I set myself a goal of 1 lb per week - because it's easy and sustainable. And it worked. That's pretty much it. I lost weight by eating my calorie limit. I got a better body shape by exercising.
  • queasy
    queasy Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi!

I started at 18 st 13lbs and got down to 14 st 11 lbs in just over six months by attending a weight clinic. The clinic, while fantastic too me focused on large weight losses in a short time and I discovered something really important about myself. I never realised before and this may sound ridiculous, but I am a perfectionist. As a sloppy untidy person I never realised it about myself before. I am extremely hard on myself and when the big weight losses stopped coming and as I slowly burnt myself out in the gym trying harder and harder to maintain the massive weightloss, I realised that loosing weight wouldn't solve all my problems and I began to put it all back on.

Two stone back up and I got worried I'd see 18 st one the scale again before I knew it but I realised that I had the tools to loose the weight. It would just take a long time and I'd live with that. I am now focusing on loosing a pound a week and if I loose two...or god forbid three well then damn thats a good week. As long as I am not going back up I am winning!

Honestly, you want a quick fix. There is none. Diets do not work. You make a lifestyle change and that incorporates healthy living for the foreseeable future and an exercise routine that becomes part of your life. Not too extreme or to little. Pick something you enjoy and do it four times a week and go for a walk on your day off! It's a different way of life your after!
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4st 10lbs since November last year. I'm 5'5 and started at 14st 4lbs and now weigh 9st 8lbs. Started with 30 Day Shred (my thread on my end results was recently bumped) then did Ripped in 30 and currently on week 9 of the Couch to 10K program. I weigh every two to four weeks as scales are evil and the daily fluctuations drove me mad! Taking that stress away helps so much. I still enjoy cheat meals/days and really not too strict with my macros. I want this to be something I can do for a lifetime so taking it easy works for me.

This pic is January to last week:

PhotoGrid_1381073130183_zps46f65f1a.jpg
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm currently bang on a 4 stone loss. My goal is 5 so 1 more to go :)

Good luck with your goals it can be done if you want it enough.
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just curious since I've never heard of loosing this way....a stone?
  • clm888
    clm888 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have lost 3stone 9lb since March so hoping to hit 4 stone lost in the next month or so. I'm 5'10. Good luck ????
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just curious since I've never heard of loosing this way....a stone?

Unit of measurement in the UK. 1 stone = 14lbs.
  • ChrisMayhew87
    ChrisMayhew87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost about 4 and a half stone but it's taken me about a year and a half :)
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Okay, got it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!