Soda, pop, or coke

Options

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I grew up calling all carbonated, sweetened beverages "cokes." Now I mostly use the word "soda" or just "dDP" because Diet Dr. Pepper is the only kind I drink anymore.

Do you said "little d, big d, P"?

I just say "deedeepee" but I spell it dDP when I text my husband to remind him to bring some home from the store.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Fizzy here
  • tkdgirlms
    Options
    I use soda for generalities, or the actual name of the product if the situation calls for specifics.

I actually consume coke product for the majority of my sodas, so if I were to say " I need to stop drinking cokes" I'm technically not using coke for an ignorant redneck generality.

Ignorant redneck??? I think it's just cultural - I'm certainly not ignorant and I refer to them all as Coke as that's what we do down here...but ignorant redneck?? Get a grip!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I grew up calling all carbonated drinks either coke or tonic.
  • einzig
    einzig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Soda for me. But if I'm at a restaurant I ask "coke or pepsi" before ordering, to know what version they have. If they have pepsi, I order diet, if they have coke I order regular. I don't like the taste of diet coke, and regular pepsi is too sugary for me.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    4MwJMYo.jpg
  • _TimeForMe
    _TimeForMe Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Pop in Oklahoma
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    Pop !!
  • AmberJewelCR
    Options
    I grew up calling all carbonated, sweetened beverages "cokes." Now I mostly use the word "soda" or just "dDP" because Diet Dr. Pepper is the only kind I drink anymore.

Do you said "little d, big d, P"?

I just say "deedeepee" but I spell it dDP when I text my husband to remind him to bring some home from the store.

I like mine better... :drinker:
  • AmberJewelCR
    Options
    I use soda for generalities, or the actual name of the product if the situation calls for specifics.

I actually consume coke product for the majority of my sodas, so if I were to say " I need to stop drinking cokes" I'm technically not using coke for an ignorant redneck generality.

Ignorant redneck??? I think it's just cultural - I'm certainly not ignorant and I refer to them all as Coke as that's what we do down here...but ignorant redneck?? Get a grip!

I'm glad you said what I was thinking. I couldn't think of a tactful way to say "don't be a jerkface"
  • BooBoo1264
    Options
    Soda!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually say, "I'm going to order a pop," then I order Coke or Dr. Pepper, depending on if it's Coke or Pepsi products.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Soda!!
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm from Alabama...everything is a coke.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I'm from Alabama...everything is a coke.

do yo guys just not care about the brands? so when u order a "coke" you are fine with coke, pepsi, any ohter cola? does Dr. Pepper count as "coke"?

thats just so weird.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In parts of central/southern Missouri, they used to say "Sodapop." Anyone use that?
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK so its all pop :) x
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm from SoCal...it's soda! then i moved to IL and they refer to it as pop....will never get used to that, almost 7 years here and i will never say pop. :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    soda
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    soda for me.