Chicken Breasts

Options
arabianhorselover
arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
How do you all prepare your chicken breasts? I need ideas. I don't want to get sick of them.

Replies

• kristinhayes505
    kristinhayes505 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    go to allrecipes.com. this, in my opinion, is the best web site for recipes. You can customize so that it shows the nutritional info too.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Bake them with herbed mustard spread on top. Super delish and mustard is virtually calorie-less for a lot of flavor.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My all-time favorite chicken recipe is this:

LAST-MINUTE CHICKEN

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)

FOR THE MARINADE

1/4 c reduced-fat mayonnaise
    1 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper

1. To prepare marinade, in a shallow glass dish, combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well.

2. Place chicken in dish, turning to coat. Cover dish with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.

3. Preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil. Spray foil with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.

4. Remove chicken from marinade. Place chicken in prepared pan, Discard marinade.

5. Broil 4 inches from the heat, turning once, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 14 to 16 minutes. Place chicken on a serving platter. Serve immediately.

Prepare in advance: This dish makes a great-tasting cold lunch. Prepare the recipe as directed. Cover broiled chicken with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve on a sandwich topped with lettuce and tomato, or slice the chicken into strips and serve over mixed greens.

Cook's Tips: Broil the chicken on a foil-lined oven-safe dish or broiled pan, 4 inches from heat, until top is browned. Turn once and continue broiling until done.

Serves 4

Per Serving:
    Calories: 164(26% from fat)
    Carbohydrates: 3g
    Protein: 27g
    Sodium: 264mg
    Fat: 5g
    Cholesterol: 70mg
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Thank you all.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Soak in milk, coat in Shake n Bake. Bake. Juicy and delicious, perfect for a salad.
  • Hjdavenport
    Options
    Cola chicken is great too, and very easy!

12 oz diet coke (or any other coke/pepsi product you prefer, I have heard Dr. Pepper is good too)
    1/2 cup ketchup

Put the chicken in a deep skillet. Add ketchup and coke. Mix well. Cover and cook chicken on medium setting for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Uncover and turn to high heat to thicken the sauce.

Sounds odd but it is YUMMY!! It is a weight watchers recipe.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Monday we had chicken stew. Tonight is chicken marsala. Next week I believe chicken picatta is up in the rotation. Plus I have grilled chicken breasts in my salad for lunch every day.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    go to allrecipes.com. this, in my opinion, is the best web site for recipes. You can customize so that it shows the nutritional info too.

My hubby is a chef and he uses this website all the time!!!
  • renatewolfe
    renatewolfe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Why not try boneless, skinless chicken thighs? Only a few more calories, and way more flavor and moisture.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of breasts that I need to cook today. I'm planning to cut them into strips and pan fry them plain (maybe a little salt), then toss about half in soy sauce and a little chili paste to add to yakisoba tonight, and then season the rest with lime and chili powder to use in taco salad tomorrow.
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I love skinny taste - I use her recipes weekly. She has tons of great chicken recipes :happy:
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Grilled on my Foreman - add to salads or make chicken salad.

Stir-fried with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and/or green beans.

In the slow cooker - mixed with BBQ sauce or with veggies.

Those are a few of the ways I make mine! :)
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I have had thighs. I do prefer them. they tend to be cheaper, also.

Why not try boneless, skinless chicken thighs? Only a few more calories, and way more flavor and moisture.
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm lazy when it comes to chicken. I just bake them from frozen at 350*F with spice on top for 30 min then I turn them and bake for another 30 min.

I have a homemade spicy lentil, carrot tomato sauce, that is really a soup but I make it thicker, in the freezer that I take over it for the last 20 min.
  • Lucy0304
    Lucy0304 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Marinate or brine chicken breasts overnight and they will be flavorfull and moist. I find pan searing them before I bake them keeps them moist without additional fats or breadings. Be careful not to overcook them.

Allrecipes has a huge recipe base on chicken. They give nutritional data on most recipes and the reviews will help you decide which recipes are right for you.

Stir-fries are great especially when you are watching your carbs. Use many different veggies and you can't go wrong. Just be careful of the sodium and sugar content of sauces you might add.
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I made this and it was SOOO GOOD!! (I got it from a diferent website though)

Skinny Greek Yogurt Chicken
    http://www.lifeofmeg.com/2012/05/skinny-greek-yogurt-chicken.html

Ingredients:

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup plain greek yogurt - (I used 3/4 C Plain Greek Yogurt and 1/4 C Mayo)
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese - grated
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2) Combine greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper in a bowl.

3) Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.

4) Coat each chicken breast in greek yogurt mixture and place on foiled baking sheet.

5) Bake for 45 minutes.
  • Lorindasuz
    Lorindasuz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mix one can of diet coke with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of ketchup. Pour on the chicken breast until the chicken is done and the sauce is thick.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I made this and it was SOOO GOOD!! (I got it from a diferent website though)

Skinny Greek Yogurt Chicken
    http://www.lifeofmeg.com/2012/05/skinny-greek-yogurt-chicken.html

Ingredients:

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup plain greek yogurt - (I used 3/4 C Plain Greek Yogurt and 1/4 C Mayo)
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese - grated
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2) Combine greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper in a bowl.

3) Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.

4) Coat each chicken breast in greek yogurt mixture and place on foiled baking sheet.

5) Bake for 45 minutes.

this one is my fav
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump