Gluten Free Sides

Options
toscarthearmada
toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
Anyone have any amazing recipes for Gluten Free sides? I'm getting so tried of salads!

I work 12+ hours a day and it's really hard to make elaborate meals at home. I've googled and pinterest my fair share of Gluten Free sides but nothing was really appealing to me. Everything seemed to include WAY too many ingredients or time I just didn't have.

What do you eat with your lean meats? Complete meals would be greatly appreciated too.

Replies

• FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I recently made rice and sauteed broccoli and kale (with spices) and then mixed it in with the rice. Delicious!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    onions, green/red/yellow peppers and zucchini or squash roasted with a little olives oil and garlic
    sweet potato fries
    quinoa with curry and veggies
    rice made with beef broth and some fresh/canned mushrooms
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sauteed veggies. Peppers, onions, kale, zucchini, mushrooms or a combination of them

Steamed cauli, carrots, broccoli, brussels. With or without cheese.

Carrots par-boiled and then glazed in a honey or brown sugar sauce.

Kale salad (salad yes but diff taste and texture than lettuce)

Avocado with pit cup filled with english or coleslaw type dressing (acidity is important)

boiled, roasted or mashed squash

English cucumber salad- marinate sliced, peeled cucs in white vinegar, salt and pepper while you cook; drain; mix in a few Tbsp of Greek sour cream till coated, serve cool/cold.

Sauteed spinach, plus 1 tbsp soya sauce or tamari right before serving. Make last, should go straight to the plate and eat immediately.

Lentils and collard greens.

Need more ideas???
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Anything thats fresh and organic shouldnt have gluten in it unless its bread or wheat/barley etc... so you could make anything really! twice baked potatoes, roasted veggies, different types of rice...
  • laddibugg
    laddibugg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lettuce wraps with non-meat things
  • lilredhead314
    lilredhead314 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I made quinoa stuffed acorn squash rings last night. Delicious! Also, anyway you cook sweet potatoes is delicious and filling.