good snacks

Options
Hi,
Need to know some really good snack items. Nothing too much over 100 calories and low on sugar content.
Just joined last week so I'm new to My Fitness Pal.
Thanks for any responses I receive.
Carol:

Replies

• MitsuShai
    MitsuShai Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    For a snack I usually eat fruits, nuts, or maybe some sugar free jello. I also eat sugar free cookies and they don't taste bad or anything; I buy the voortman brand. You can eat some crackers too.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I kept this bookmarked - just for times like this.

http://www.shape.com/healthy_eating/on_the_go/snacks/low_calorie_snacks/p/page/1

Although I have to say after a couple of months of this that I find eating a small "meal" every couple/few hours works best for me. Fruit, nuts, brown rice cake with peanut butter, yogurt, low fat string cheese, etc.
  • alebalestra
    alebalestra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For snacks, I eat fruits, celery, or a yogur. I do not eat crackers or sweets, because once I eat one, I cannot stop.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I eat 100 calorie snack packs. Just enough to take the craving away. I also eat almonds. They are filling and yummy. Sugar free jello is good also. Veggies are always good snacks. i Love to munch on tomatoes.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The 100 calorie Orville Redenbacher popcorn is a nice light treat for after dinner munching.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    For snacks, I eat fruits, celery, or a yogur. I do not eat crackers or sweets, because once I eat one, I cannot stop.

Funny you mention Celery. Most do not know this, but Celery is one of the few foods that actually take more energy to eat than it provides. In a nutshell, you burn more calories eating Celery than is in it.

It also makes a great filler if you chop it up very small so you can't taste it if you are like me and hate the taste of Celery.
  • angeliquesocean
    Options
    popcorn is good. you could get the 100 cal bags or i like the pop secret homestyle and 3 popped cups is only 115 calories and its yummy
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    for snacks i love to eat strawberries, melon(try to stay away from honey dew melon). go gurt in the tubes on 70calories, low fat string cheese, and my favorite is when i am craving that dang chocolate, i eat jello pudding snack chocolate & vanilla swirl sugar free only 60 calories, man i hit the jack pot with that one. it doesn't even have a different or after taste
  • ejsiii
    ejsiii Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stacey's - "Simply Naked" Pita Chips, 10 chips

I find these very satisfying for 130 cals
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Funny you mention Celery. Most do not know this, but Celery is one of the few foods that actually take more energy to eat than it provides. In a nutshell, you burn more calories eating Celery than is in it.

It also makes a great filler if you chop it up very small so you can't taste it if you are like me and hate the taste of Celery.

I was going to say this, too. :)

They consider celery as one of the "negative calorie" snacks. Same with lettuce. Some people actually go on a negative calorie diet where they eat foods that take more to burn than eating it.

I love celery with peanut butte lined up with raisins.

Some of my snacks are, the celery, oatmeal, Chobani yogurt, Kashi granola or cereal bar, any kind of fruit, sugar free jello.

I like to cut up apples in tiny squares, put them in a bowl with water and microwave until soft and warm. Drain it then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
  • alebalestra
    alebalestra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comment. I did not know that to eat celery is so good, I just eat because I like. I also chopped and mix with tuna, a few sesame seeds, onions, and green apple and prepare a salad with not mayonaisse, as a dressing I am always using olive oil, salt, and balsamic vinegar.