Hello from Down Under

Options
Hi

Thought I'd introduce myself after a week on the site. I'm living in Melbourne Australia even though I originally come from the UK.

I'm looking to lose a total of 19kg and managed to drop around 1.5kg last week. Not sure I'll be able to sustain that weightloss every week but who know's!! Having no problem counting the calories, in fact some days I'm struggling to actually hit the target after I take into account the exercise I'm doing. I think my diary is public so anyone is welcome to comment on what I should be adding to my diet.

I like to run and try and do a few 5Km runs a week. I'm also doing a bootcamp for the next two weeks to hopefully jumpstart my fitness.

Anyway, looking forward to watching that weight and belly disappear !

Aidan

Replies

• mariachi
    mariachi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aiden from Down Under,
    Me I am a Florida Girl...my husband lived in Australia for a bit...myfitnesspal is a great daily reminder to watch the calories. But, you are right, doing the daily exercise, it is easy to stay under.
    Best of Luck to you in your Goals!

Melissa
  • efalcon1
    Options
    Welcome and good luck from the Uk! x
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    No worries, mate! <G>

Best of luck to you!

Texas, USA
  • ajcooper
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

We're all heading over to Orlando in December for a holiday. I'm a bit worried about straying from my calorie watch whilst trekking around the theme parks! Any tips?

Aidan

Welcome Aiden from Down Under,
    Me I am a Florida Girl...my husband lived in Australia for a bit...myfitnesspal is a great daily reminder to watch the calories. But, you are right, doing the daily exercise, it is easy to stay under.
    Best of Luck to you in your Goals!

Melissa
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, from Iowa, USA! :happy: I love this site and you will to if you put it to good use. It has helped me reach a goal I thought I would never see agian. I have lost 96 pounds in the past 8 months. I still have a little more to drop but I feel great and my spirits are better then ever. Best of luck on your journey. :bigsmile:

Molly
  • MzMolly
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, from Iowa, USA! :happy: I love this site and you will to if you put it to good use. It has helped me reach a goal I thought I would never see agian. I have lost 96 pounds in the past 8 months. I still have a little more to drop but I feel great and my spirits are better then ever. Best of luck on your journey. :bigsmile:

Molly
  • MzMolly
    Options

Molly
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Aussies are slowly taking over :P
  • mariachi
    mariachi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi Aiden, believe it or not, even the theme park menus always offer a healthy choice! We went to Disney in March and it was suprisingly easy to eat smart! enjoy the parks! as a resident we rarely get to go! have fun!