Starting MFP Again

Options
geigers1
geigers1 Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Two years ago I lost 35 lbs with MFP and exercise. The past year I have had many life changes and gained all of it back. Now I am starting the process over again as I am getting married in 11 months. NEED to stay focused. Send happy thoughts my way...

Replies

• AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I to am starting again. Last time I lost 43 lbs and gained 20 back, but you've just got to stay focused and remembered to believe in your self, and that you ARE worth it!! :)
  • ryovanovich
    ryovanovich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too.... had lots of success last summer/winter, until the BBQ/Beer season hit...

Gained about 10lb back, even though I only slipped a little bit off of my "maintain lifestyle" ... and it's been hard getting back into the groove of logging everything, and planning out what to eat.

Good luck!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I've gained about 10 back and am getting back into it.

Just remember...you don't NEED to lose weight for your wedding. As long as you and him (or her...whatevs :wink: ) both show up, the day should be perfect!
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You did it once, you can do it again! Keep your eye on the prize and think about how great you felt at your lowest weight. Use that as your motivations to keep going.

I've been on MFP a while now but keep falling off the wagon and then jumping back on. I've recently recommitted myself to this and am always looking for new friends to support each other on this journey. Anyone here looking for more friends, please feel free to add me!
  • geigers1
    geigers1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - I am glad to know so much support here. I appreciate it!
  • CDBechthold
    CDBechthold Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also jumping back in. I have gotten so far off on eating healthy and watching my portion sizes that it is time to take a look at the amount of calories I have been consuming.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I lost 40 lbs 2 years ago and last winter gained 15 back and was so mad at myself. Cooler months seem hard for me for some reason. I worked hard and got it off and another 15. So you can also. I am trying not to put it back on this winter, I believe the only way is to log those calories, tiresome but it works.
  • deslok113
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I started on MFP and then got off several times. Now my weight is affecting my health. Don't be like me! I have not stopped working out these past yrs but working out by itself is NOT enough. There's an old aphorism that says, "Garbage in = garbage out" If I put garbage in my body like processes foods, artificial sweetners, fatty and fried foods, then I get garbage out a fat body! Good luck and Godspeed to you in this endeavor!
  • lainie644
    lainie644 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Keeping an exercise and food diary is tedious but necessary, especially in the first month of your weight loss. Once you get an idea of the impact of foods you eat and exercises you do, then you will use it for a guide to maintain your healthy lifestyle.
  • yoga_tay92
    Options
    Im starting again as well. I just got married, Moved to a different country, and starting over with life and I am not feeling at thin as I use to since last year. Any one wanna be motivational buddies? Friend me if you do :)
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am starting again as well! I lost 30 lbs with MFP too and I dont want to gain it back! I hope you don't mind me adding you, but I think we can encourage each other!

Good luck with your goal!
  • dave6134
    Options
    Same for me. I was successful in losing 57lbs, changed jobs, was more confident, but got to content and have put back on 17lbs in 12 months. I enjoyed MFP the first time around and I did manage to maintain for a while, stopped weighing food and recording so bad habits crept back in. I think MFP is a great motivating tool and tremendous help.
  • Target126
    Target126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm pretty much starting again (re-started logging my food a couple of weeks ago) I've been ill this year and have spent a large amount of time stuck at home unable to do anything other than sit on my *kitten*, which as well as frustrating the hell out of me has led to me gaining weight (now higher than my original SW)

I'm going into hospital next month and am hoping to be back on my feet properly before Xmas. Feel free to add me.

SW: 196

CW: 210

GW: 126 - 133
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. 4 years ago, I lost 60lbs, but gained 24lbs back. Now, I've re-lost that weight, plus an extra 4 more and counting. I can say this: having to lose that weight TWICE, I will NEVER go back to that again. I think you'll feel the same way. This time may feel more difficult to get where you were, but you'll find your will-power to maintain will be stronger.
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You will do it. Just keep logging and get a few good supporting friends.
  • ChocolateSnowflakex
    Options
    In kind of the same boat as a lot of you. Used MFP a while ago, lost some weight, stopped using it and put it back on.

Have deleted all my own data and starting from Monday there as my starting weight :)
  • auntiejack
    auntiejack Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Looks like there are a lot of us in the same boat, Back from holiday now no more foreseen circumstances in the way so I am good to go again as well.
  • sammee003
    Options
    Just getting started as well --- we can do this!!!!
  • barryecrouch
    Options
    Lost 40 using this program Nov - April 2012 .....gained it all back

I may strive for 60 pounds this time....to be 180 would be amazing.....but baby steps
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I got myself to a great weight about a year and a half ago and then let it slip. After getting married and quitting smoking I put on ten pounds in the last month so here I am back again. Please feel free to add me. i also recently go a fitbit and could use some friends. My id is //www.fitbit.com/user/288ZZB .

Thank you and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.