Suggestions for new workout routine?

Options
I would love some advice from people who have tried some different routines. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels workout plan. My favorite part about it is that she combines strength training and cardio in each set. I print these out and take them to the gym.

I would like to switch it up and try something new in a few weeks (to keep things exciting ;) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. An intense plan that uses both weights and cardio would be great! I appreciate suggestions!

Thanks so much
Dawn

Replies

• SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Have you see Jillian's newest workout with weights?

Invest in weighed gloves to wear when doing cardio.. I use them with Turbo Jam workouts - get for burning more calories and toning the arms. You could probably wear them doing Zumba too.
  • elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i love love love Jackie Warners dvd's and I also try to do a lot of Zuzana's workouts on youtube. I'll do 50 jump ropes and then 3 reps of her exercises ...back and forth for 30-40 minutes. Here is one of her videos...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywJqdtmhhv0&feature=channel
  • harleymotivatedmama
    Options
    I am addicted to Jari Love its all combined cardio and low weights she kicks your butt and you thank her for it!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    kettlebell! there are tons of different programs and different weight bells but i started off with 10lbs and the beginner and intermediate type workouts
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love this one. http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/strength-training/6-round-slimdown-8442
    Its really challenging and you can feel that it works. You can also watch the whole video from your computer free. :)
    It combines cardio and strength also.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    I love mixing it up. I have the following dvd's programs. P90X, Turbo Jam, and KettleWorx. Have fun.
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions!! Would love for any or all of you to add me as a friend to continue the support!! I will be checking out your suggestions!