Enough calories....help

Options
Never in my life did I think I would need to eat more, but I am having trouble getting my calories in. I know I need to eat breakfast but I have never been a breakfast person..in fact most days if I eat too early I get a very uopset stomach, I would love some ideas to help with this. I have literally spent the last 15 minutes trying to come up with enough healthy calories to hit 1000 today. I have been off before fut never this bad.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    a snak bar or nutrition drink would do well.
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact problem. I have to agree with Amarillo though. I usually Eat a snack bar, or have a small salad.

Also as for not being a breakfast person I have always been that way my whole life. I would gag at the the thought of food in the morning. But recently i haven't been eating any later than 3 hours before I go to sleep and I've noticed that I can tolerate breakfast now.
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    try a few nuts, like almonds or walnuts, they are so good for you, and you can add some QUICK calories. they are also good omega 3's....the good fats. as for breakfast, you really must try to eat something, some cereal or oatmeal or a piece of fruit, it is essential to your metabolism and weight loss. a couple wekks of eating breakfast and you will be use to it.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Both my husband and I were non breakfast eaters our entire adult lives . . . yep, it really does make you sick to your stomach to eat breakfast . . . but only for the first weeks. Then you actually realize that you wake up hungry.
    A good rule of thumb for getting in those calories is to . . . eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Protein drinks and protein meal bars are an excellent way to get in some healthy calories!! I am a big fan of chocolate whey protein and I mix it with some ice, milk and a little chocolate syrup and blend it... tastes like a shake!!! Also I'm a fan of the Cliff Builder Bars... very tasty!!
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    protein drinks and figure out if what you're eating for breakfast foods is giving you an upset stomach, I can't do white flour products, tomato based anything, or colas because they are instant stomach flare/acid creators for me. Something like fruit and whole grain crackers might work for you, or something whole foods. Also water helps with stomach upsets.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Try eating a smaller meal than you would have. Half the size. Eat a friut , energy bar, or a protien shake.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    See, I have a hard time staying under my calorie intake since I am really short and can't eat as many calories.

Peanut butter is high in calories, so maybe find some good recipes or snack on that with triscuit crackers. Oatmeal, you can eat a lot of that. I say keep trying to eat some breakfast. I used to feel sick in the morning after eating breakfast early, too. Now I eat it as early as 5. I love breakfast. It's a great way to eat those extra calories with eggs and bread.
  • harleymotivatedmama
    Options
    Thanks fo rthe ideas and support guys! I'm glad to know I'm not the only breakfast phobic out there...even better to hear that if I push through the sick feeling I might actually learn to like breakfast. Keep posting these great ideas.