HELP !

Options
After losing almost three pounds a week,, I went to weigh myself this morning,, ONLY one pound gone ,,, sooooo disappointing ,,I need to stay motivated but this is very hard ,,, I push myself to exercise everyday and count every calorie ,, HELP ! I did everything the same ,,,why did I only lose one pound this week??

Replies

• nikkiclaire123
    Options
    monthly cycle? loss is a loss, just be happy.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A 1lb loss a week is completely healthy.

From my understanding, when you drop more, a lot of the time it is water weight or muscle loss (I am not a dr or nutritionist so this is just from what I have researched).

I would just keep consistant with your exercising and eating healthy and you will see a loss next week.
  • wjw62
    wjw62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Last year I tried the "Ideal Protein" diet.... it worked for me and I have kept the weight off since then :)

Might be something to look into for the short term 'boost' you need

https://www.idealprotein.com/ca/home
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Plateau. It'll pass...but a pound a week is normal.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    First off, you should definitely NOT be disappointed at a 1lb lost. 1 is better than none right?

Secondly, you mentioned you did everything the same. That could be it! Your body has fallen into a routine, and knows what to expect, meaning it doesn't have to work as hard any more. Change up your workout routine, don't let that body of yours fall into a routine.

But, a 1lb lost a week is definitely a successful and healthy way to go!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    The first few weeks are usually the biggest weight loss then it slows. This is normal. Have you recalculated your calorie allotment since your loss. This goes down so you may want to check. I understand your need to lose quickly but I am sure your mom does not want you to make yourself sick in the process. Good luck!! :heart:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss. Be satisfied with it.