Getting healthy and combating 'secret eating'

Options
2»

Replies

• jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I used to do that too. McDonald's was my secret when I was in college. I would hit it after class or before studying by myself and then go home and only eat healthy foods in front of my roommates. Sometimes I'd eat two lunches this way or two dinners. Gah.
  • AmazonEphiny
    Options
    I can be perfect until I pass by a restaurant and swerve into traffic to make a u-turn back to burger king for an iced coffee.

Oh my gosh, I did this exact same thing last week. Except it was McDonalds and a strawberry milkshake for 700 calories when I was already on my way to a lunch meeting. I pretend like I can't resist, but I KNOW I can. I am always afraid people will judge me, too, and totally embarrassed about my habits. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we can prove them wrong!
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just searched for a post with "secret eating" and found this thread. I think I just realized for the first time that I am a secret eater. It isn't anything terrible but it is a problem. I will go to the store and get an organic candy bar but will hide it until I'm home alone. I bought a bag of M&Ms last night and hid them in my purse then ate them when I was alone. Now that I'm typing this I feel really embarrassed. I'm just glad I'm not the only one. :blushing: :ohwell: