MFP Cut My Calories :-(

Options
Hey guys,

So I'm down to 201.6 (yay) and, because that's more than 10 pounds, MFP wants to cut my calorie allotment (boo). The cut is from 1330 to 1260. I know 70 calories is nothing in the grand scheme of things and it's a little silly to be this bothered by it, but the truth is I don't think I can go that low without cutting the little treats that help keep me on the right path.

So, what do I do? I reset my goal from losing 1.5 lb. a week to losing 1 lb. a week, which gives me 1510, and I guess I just won't eat back my exercise calories. (I walk, so I was only getting 120 exercise calories a day or so anyhow.) Does that sound good? Or am I way overthinking?

Replies

• viola147
    Options
    If 1330 works for you then leave it at that :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Screw that! I weigh 173 and am eating 1500 net losing 2 pounds a week minimum. One thing you will learn, don't trust MFP's suggested calorie goal. You'll be hungry and plateau.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You can manually set your calories to anything you want. Set it wherever you're comfortable.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If 1330 works for you then leave it at that :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom

Thanks! I had no idea I could do that.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I find that if I go any lower than 1300 calories I DON'T lose weight! If you're losing weight just fine where you are then yeah, as the others say, leave it at that!
  • heathersjourney
    Options
    Mfp calories apparently was too low for me because I use to plateau all the time. I set mine higher and now lose weight steadily :)
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    MFP put me at 1200 and I was a stark mad, STARVING crazy bia to be around. I also follow Weight Watchers, so I eat anywhere between 1500-1800 a day and lose on average 2 a week. Up those cals!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    If 1330 is working and you aren't feeling deprived, keep doing that.