MFP is great but what would you change if you could?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ^^great idea.

I'd like to see a "Like" button as many people have mentioned.

Also, a little less admin topic shutdown would be nice. They have forum guidlines etc. but the admins are really really strict with a lot of stuff that isn't necessary. We are all adults here and if someone doesn't like a topic then they are free to leave the forum. Admins shouldn't be so strict on enforcing the policies. They really only need to get involved when people are threatening each other, using extreme vulgar words (4 letter words), and when the sexual topics get extremely out of hand. Most of us are just trying to pass the time and being funny/silly/slightly sexual helps. The admins have shutdown far too many topics that don't even get out of hand.
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Notifications when people respond to wall posts you've responded to.

^ This, plus the ability to access the forums from the App.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options

I would change the app so we can visit the forums on it.

Agree!!
  • judyde
    Options
    Make foods in the database with more confirmations rise to the top.

^^ Great Idea!! Like in Amazon.com, the most helpful reviews rise to the top.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

^ This, plus the ability to access the forums from the App.

If you have a phone that can run the app, the browser should do a good job with the forums. I post on the forums from my Galaxy S3 all the time.
  • judyde
    Options
    I'd also like the ability to Copy a meal or food item for X number of days. Like my coffee and vitamins that I have every morning. If I could just enter it and tell MFP to copy this for the next 1,000 days, that would save me a lot of time.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    A gainer ticker for people who are bulking

they have this now!!!

Hmm. I must be doing it wrong :laugh:
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    1. Delete comments or posts you make.

2. Like button

3. Ability to delete "frequent and recent foods"

You can delete frequent and recent foods. Scroll to the bottom of the list and you'll see the delete button. It's not at the top with the Add Checked button for some reason.

I'd like to be able to see more than Vit A&C. Vit B is very important in all varieties as are the others. My multi-vitamin logs barely more than calories and 2 vitamins. I'd also like to see more than just a couple of my personally chosen tracking options beside the preset fat/protein/carb columns. I'm constantly switching what displays in those columns to check other nutrient totals. I know there's the reports app, but I'd like to see the breakdown on a daily basis more easily.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

This.

A like button.
    An annoying bug that could be fixed - if you try to enter something and mistype it and go with the suggested search, it will put it in the wrong place in your diary (the suggested options are sometimes hilarious, by the way)
    A better way of entering data - like, if I have 20g of something that has a serving of 28g or 1oz, I could just enter 20g and it would do the math for me. Using a calculator with the app = not convenient at all.
  • judyde
    Options
    I'd also like it to change the "anniversaries" either to something I could choose (every 30 days on my newsfeed) or increase the amount as you get up in numbers. I'm at 145 days and it still posts every 5 days!
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think it would be cool if they had a weight loss clicker that showed how much weight was collectively lost by everyone using the site. Would be kinda motivating!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i'd get rid of all the threads about farting.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd also like it to change the "anniversaries" either to something I could choose (every 30 days on my newsfeed) or increase the amount as you get up in numbers. I'm at 145 days and it still posts every 5 days!

Or an option to opt out altogether. I was away for 5 days and now it keeps giving inaccurate numbers and it annoys me.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would like to look at the forums on my phone. I also want an easier way to build recipes. It's a bit tedious to create a recipe on here, so I keep my Lose It app just for building recipes.
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My ticker says I lost 44lbs. I've lost 43.5. No, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd rather display my real loss!

I agree, I want to see my actual weight loss not a rounded up or rounded down one.

My ticker today shows a 54 lbs weight loss - it is actually 54.4 lbs.
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I wish they had some T-shirts, and work out branded gear, I'd promote the best site on the internet, it'd be cool to see others at the gym and in the real world that are members too,

I would buy stuff with their logo on too - MFP should open an online shop.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i'd get rid of all the threads about farting.

what kind of barbarian are you?
  • 813jlv
    813jlv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if there was an additional section (additional to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks) where you can enter pre-workout and post-workout snacks/protein shakes.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    It would be nice if there was an additional section (additional to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks) where you can enter pre-workout and post-workout snacks/protein shakes.

You have up to 6 meals and you can customize the names of all of them. Go to Food then click Settings.