SMALL WAIST/ big booty

Options
what are the best excerises to keep your booty but to lose your waistline
currently a new gym junkie

Replies

• Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Tricky, since you'll most likely lose from all over. But I do a lot of leg exercises with weights- squats, deadlifts, lunges, walking lunges, curtsy lunges, glute bridges, etc.
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I second this.
    Tricky, since you'll most likely lose from all over. But I do a lot of leg exercises with weights- squats, deadlifts, lunges, walking lunges, curtsy lunges, glute bridges, etc.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat.

It comes off in roughly the same order it packed it's happy self on to you.

BUT if you eat at a calorie deficit- you'll lose weight- and if you do squats dead lifts and other fabulous booty lifts (heavy lifts- not that les milles body pump crap with 2lb weights- it has it's place but not for this)... lift heavy... you'll maintain some shape: meaning perky and roundy. so it may get smaller- but it'll still be fabulous and perky and round.

I have something like a 40" inch hip - and under 30" waist. squatz,.. they be good for you!!!
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options

thanks I swear I do lunges so wrong smh
    can u do glute bridges with weight/weights?
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    I second this.

wow you booty is amazing (sorry but i had too say it)
    did you work too get that or is it natual?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Genetics.

Not being sarcastic. You can't spot reduce; fat will come off all over the body in whatever manner it sees fit. But if you have a small waist and big booty (proportion wise) you may very well keep that ratio as you lose weight.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

thanks I swear I do lunges so wrong smh
    can u do glute bridges with weight/weights?

Yes, you sure can - with the barbell ( make sure to cushion it) - Google barbell glute bridge and barbell hip thrust for tips on form. You can/need to start pretty heavy on these (the bigger plates make it easy to roll the bar into place - some gyms have 5kg plates that are big enough though). I won't say how heavy is possible as it sometimes causes arguments :/

And I gree with the others, you can't go wrong doing heavy (for you) squats, lunges etc :)
  • Naomi0504
    Options
    I second this.

wow you booty is amazing (sorry but i had too say it)
    did you work too get that or is it natual?

Not sure if you meant Jacqson, hers is awesome! Mine has always been kinda big and my waist being smaller makes it look bigger. But doing the above mentioned exercises has really helped shape and lift it.
  • King_Of_Juicy
    Options
    Cardio. Then squats, lunges, deadlifts. Squats will get you a ghettooo booty!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    my booty is pretty darn big. I'd post pictures but that might be inappropriate. lol. It started growing once I incorporated heavy lifting. Mostly squats, deadlifts, step ups, and lunges. I don't do glute bridges but I can see how they'd be effective.
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    all types of squats?
    how many And how many days ?
    i keep hearing ur supposed to have rest days in between?
  • Naomi0504
    Options
    all types of squats?

All types of squats are good. I do legs once or twice a week.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Besides squats, you'll want to do barbell glute bridges, back extensions, and deadlifts. Check out Strong Curves, by Bret Contreras.

I do glutes/lower body twice a week, usually. Actually what I do is work my glutes as hard as I can, do cardio/dance/yoga days until I feel fully recovered, repeat my strength workout. That usually works out to twice a week.
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    Besides squats, you'll want to do barbell glute bridges, back extensions, and deadlifts. Check out Strong Curves, by Bret Contreras.

I do glutes/lower body twice a week, usually. Actually what I do is work my glutes as hard as I can, do cardio/dance/yoga days until I feel fully recovered, repeat my strength workout. That usually works out to twice a week.

thank you
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    all types of squats?

All types of squats are good. I do legs once or twice a week.

Thank you
  • dwhit90
    Options
    Thanks for asking this! I am trying to lose weight but I have gained so much that I am trying to convert this body fat into lean muscle and a better booty! I have some work ahead of me as today has been hopefully my last day of junk food eating I would like to be well on my way to looking right by my birthday on 11/21
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Eat a good amount of calories make good choices, then *kitten* to the grass baby!! :-)
    Most lower body workouts help your core so you will be shaping up in no time!
  • _Extraordinaryy
    Options
    Thanks for asking this! I am trying to lose weight but I have gained so much that I am trying to convert this body fat into lean muscle and a better booty! I have some work ahead of me as today has been hopefully my last day of junk food eating I would like to be well on my way to looking right by my birthday on 11/21

your welcome :) good luck with your bday goals
  • dwhit90
    Options
    I appreciate the well wishes, I just want to get on my way to a healthier me in the long run but I don't want to wait until my birthday to begin.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Well theres the heavy barbells squat, the fork putdown, and the dinner table pushaway.

Heyoooo! lol

No exercise will make you slimmer or "sculpt" you. You just have to loose overall bodyfat % and build up your glutes. The heavy barbell squats thing wasn't a joke though :)