Confuesd on Caloric Intake

Options
2»

Replies

• sumgrl
    sumgrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    how active are you ? if you are losing 1 lb a week that is great .. now if you want to lose it faster you should keep your calorie intake where it is and excercise more .. creating a bigger calorie deficit and therefore losing more weight .. keep in mind the 1 lb a week loss is actually very good, it means you will be able to keep it off easier
  • lenni247
    Options
    Keeping in mind also to the above post, there is a huge difference between healthy calories and bad ones, another thing to also consider espically for women, is muscle weighs more than fat, so the more in shape you become you may actually weigh more, which is heathy weight too.so don't sweat it.

Keeping shopping on the outside isles only at the supper market, don't eat processed food, and remember if your food goes bad in a weeks time it's good for you, if it doesn't do bad (junk food) it's bad for you.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi again!
    OK, so my caloric intake goal is 1200. On yesterday's goal, at the bottom, where it totals my calories for the day it says my goal was 1526 (or something like that). Then it also says I earned 326 calories from exercise. This may sound dumb but it appears it's telling me that if I burn 326 calories I get to eat those again. What doesn't make sense to me is that in order to lose weight I should be at 1200 calories-not 1526. If I'm at 1200 calories and burn 326 then I will lose weight. If I am at 1200 calories and eat 1526 then I will gain weight....right?? Sorry. New to how all this works. :blushing:

It's all about net calories. You say your intake goal is 1200 - is this based on TDEE? Or did you input sedentary into MFP?

If it's based on TDEE -?% you don't need to log exercise, just eat 1200 calories as TDEE takes into account exercise.

If 1200 calories is based on being sedentary, log exercise and attempt to eat back some of your exercise calories.

Ignore 'goal intake' - focus on net.

It's worth calculating BMR to determine your minimum requirements for normal bodily function (this doesn't take into account exercise). Go to www.scoobys-workshop.com/calorie-calculator. That will take away any confusion. Just to add here, 1200 calories is the minimum recommended amount for a woman. I don't know your stats but I doubt your BMR will be 1200 calories, as this is pretty low. I'm 5"3 and 125lbs. My BMR is 1310 calories so I never eat below this.

Remember - TDEE method (takes into account exercise/lifestyle) = don't log exercise. MFP/BMR method = log exercise and eat back some calories